The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
FP1 wasn't that bad but nobody said it was easy or similar to past papers, turns out it had 74/75 for full UMS which was surprising for people's reactions

I'm all up for interesting questions if they're not my exam tbh lol. I'm so hopeless at creative FP2 questions watch me burn next month lmao

I'm not too worried about M2 on the other hand, I'm much better at mechanics. Plus I think a lot of non FM people take M2 too so mark distribution won't be as punishing for me I'm guessing

lol AQA M2 boundaries are hell did it last year m89
Original post by Number Nine
lol AQA M2 boundaries are hell did it last year m89

Well **** I thought it was okay because I did well in M2 mock which was 2015

And also Zacken don't do AQA does he
Original post by C0balt
Cambridge, need A* in FM but things are looking grim right now. I wanted to get as many UMS as possible in FP3 because I find FP2 much more difficult and I think it's easier to make FP2 questions more difficult if you know what I mean. Oh well, Ill see how FP4 M3 M2 go...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ****! I also need A* for Warwick lol

This was supposed to be the module where smashing would take place... But Ofc jokes on me cos I got the smashing...

Now s2 & fp2 are bang in the middle of other exams...

& although I have a 4 day gap for d2... 1 mistake on that = -A*

But that 2016 fp3 paper was harder than all fp2 combined!
Original post by C0balt
Well **** I thought it was okay because I did well in M2 mock which was 2015

And also Zacken don't do AQA does he

I sat that paper I got 0 on the last Q but got all the rest lol. Grade boundaries are higher than M1 is what I was trying to convey Good luck fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zacin is god so probs got 1000%

Original post by JME_CHG

This was supposed to be the module where smashing would take place... But Ofc jokes on me cos I got the smashing...

presuming youre a mathsmo what about the A*AA 1 offer

Assuming JME_CHG = mathmo
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Busted838
From memory these where the questions and my answers. i made a few mistakes and if someone could explain Q2 and Q4 to me that would be great

legit had the (1+tanx)cosx = 1+root3 etc line on the polar one but didnt think to expand it ugh lol.

Think i've dropped ~7 by the looks, hope thats an A* else rip uni xd
Original post by JME_CHG

Well what can I say, my deepest sympathies and empathies as well. Got a lot of gap for FP4 and M3 but heck FP4 was just for lols, I might need to get serious for it after today's paper.
Jesus I don't want to imagine doing decision again after the soul sacking experience that is D1.
I sat that paper I got 0 on the last Q but got all the rest lol. Grade boundaries are higher than M1 is what I was trying to convey Good luck fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah I remember that semi-circle algebra nightmare. Good luck to you too....whens your next exam?
Original post by JME_CHG

Warwick maths?
Original post by C0balt
Well what can I say, my deepest sympathies and empathies as well. Got a lot of gap for FP4 and M3 but heck FP4 was just for lols, I might need to get serious for it after today's paper.
Jesus I don't want to imagine doing decision again after the soul sacking experience that is D1.

Oh yeah I remember that semi-circle algebra nightmare. Good luck to you too....whens your next exam?

yeah eww it was disgusting

FP4 next wed

you?
yeah eww it was disgusting

FP4 next wed

you?

Yeah same here
Idk what they could throw at us with that module!
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Warwick maths?

Fingers crossed
Original post by JME_CHG
Fingers crossed

Also in same position, Warwick firmed.

Lol what?
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Also in same position, Warwick firmed.

:redface: hope to see you there 👍
Felt so confidence on this lol, knew life was going down hill when the first question wasn't Eulers omg
Reply 534

What did u end up getting in the end for m2?
Reply 535
Original post by -jordan-
One was 20 and one was 36. No negatives. Do you remember what the polar equation was?

Ah great thank you. So I still will have got method marks and marks for the correct transformation. No I can't sorry :frown: what did you get for p and q in the maclaurin expansion question. I got one as 5/3 and the other as 18/5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 536
Ooh that P and Q sound familiar, I'm fairly sure that's what I put.
Reply 537
I couldn't post on here for like hours after the exam, TSR was being really annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
has anyone compiled an actual full mark scheme or even all the questions yet?
To all the people saying that the exam was sofa king hard, will you just calm down? It was hard but the questions werent breakthrough unique if u know what i mean. Seing how many people failed we can safely expect the boundaries to be at least as low as 2014. Just all be happy that fp2 is not tommorow and actually take that time to properly revise and not go parting or drinking. If you are one of the 'more able students' you know what to do, if not do all the past papers for each module and once you start scoring high marks you are fine. If you do your best yet still fail I see no reason to complain - not everyone is equal and you should be proud of what you achieved if you worked hard
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending