The Student Room Group

17 years old and forever single

My friends are all having sex and getting boyfriends and having loads of fun. I still haven't been kissed. I feel like I'm just spending my whole life waiting and I know eventually someone will come around. I just feel like i've been telling myself that for 17 years!
i got on with this guy a few years ago and tbh if I hadn't moved schools we'd probably be together now because we were really close, but I tried to rekindle the friendship (just because i missed him) and he was not interested in the slightest.
I really don't want to end up alone.
You're 17 (or not, I don't know)
Relax buddy. Why follow the crowd? I guess if you want to get with someone or whatnot you gotta talk to the lads. I don't really know exactly what response you want to get from us?
(edited 7 years ago)
You wont be alone forever. So many people are 17 are still virgins
Reply 3
You're 17. You're still young. Just focus on exams for now.
I'm 18 and have never been with a guy (or gal). And if I'm honest haven't been attracted to one either. You're certainly not the only one... Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean you should be. Everyone is different and that is a good thing
I think it's nice that you are one of the last of your friends to experience relationships. Catch up with your friends in 5 years time and I bet they will regret what they are doing right now 'having sex' and ****... way better to wait until the time is right :smile:
Hey, I'm 18 and I haven't been with anybody (then again, I have never really wanted to be beyond a crush). Chill there's plenty of time unless you're very very very unlucky,
Reply 7
I'm 18 and I've never been a relationship.Its calm. There's loads of us out there.
Reply 8
*chants*
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
*finishes chanting and opens another pack of Doritos*
Reply 9
Ease up. Dating is about patience and tenacity and it will come.
Original post by Anonymous
My friends are all having sex and getting boyfriends and having loads of fun. I still haven't been kissed. I feel like I'm just spending my whole life waiting and I know eventually someone will come around. I just feel like i've been telling myself that for 17 years!
i got on with this guy a few years ago and tbh if I hadn't moved schools we'd probably be together now because we were really close, but I tried to rekindle the friendship (just because i missed him) and he was not interested in the slightest.

Chill out you are only 17 there is no rush. Just enjoy life and you will probably find someone when you are not expecting it.
Original post by Anonymous

i had plan to say relationship free until i'm at least 25 if not 30 depending on how business goes
i by no means mean to invalidate how you feel because i know this is probably rather upsetting for you which is why you shared it with TSR today, but please try not to worry about this!
many seventeen year olds havent dated anyone yet and thats perfectly fine and normal. you are certainly not alone. i suggest for now you focus on your friends and studies - you cant enjoy things to their fullest nor do your very best in exams if you spend too much time preoccupied with this!
but hang in there - your time and person will come. since you made a connection with someone before, know you have the ability to be able to form this kind of relationship.

either way, im rooting for you op!
You'll be fine! Chin up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending