The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths

Hi Guys,
basically i've got a maths paper next Thursday and i need to get minimum B and i just wanted to know if any of you guys know roughly how much it is to get a B or A. Also who is scared for the exam?
B is 100 marks A is 120
Original post by Rimsha100100
Hi Guys,
basically i've got a maths paper next Thursday and i need to get minimum B and i just wanted to know if any of you guys know roughly how much it is to get a B or A. Also who is scared for the exam?

Edexcel on average across both papers:
C - 70 marks
B - 110 marks
A - 135 marks (i think)
Hi Guys,

i need a B tooooooo
(i know we can alll do it)
i hope our paper is easy
im just revisng from past papers
have u checked out the predicted paper for 2016

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources/june2016p1.pdf
check it out

But remember its predicted not real
if only....
yeah round about 100 to get B and 130 ish for an A :smile:
Original post by Sabhani2000
i need a B tooooooo
i hope our paper is easy

check it out

if only....

People normally say maths is easy, so i was wondering what do you normally make mistakes on? And what grades do you get on past papers, because i know loads of people getting 100%s normally so I'm a bit curious
Original post by 1jonam16
People normally say maths is easy, so i was wondering what do you normally make mistakes on? And what grades do you get on past papers, because i know loads of people getting 100%s normally so I'm a bit curious

C
But im always so close to B but coz i make silly mistakes which stop me from getting B
Original post by LNDNWASPS
B is 100 marks A is 120

i dont think 120 marks is an A because last mock i got 122 marks and my teacher was like i needed like 20 or 30 odd for an A
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Edexcel on average across both papers:
C - 70 marks
B - 110 marks
A - 135 marks (i think)

so like 55 on one paper and and 55 on the other to get a B right?
so like 55 on one paper and and 55 on the other to get a B right?

Yupp, I'm hoping for a B too, I have to get it, I'm just really hoping I do. :smile:
Original post by Sabhani2000
i need a B tooooooo
i hope our paper is easy

check it out

if only....

yeah ive been revising as well now i had my friends over and i was helping them with maths so that was my revision as well. try revising with like 2 or 3 friends and talk as if your a teacher and it actually really works
Yupp, I'm hoping for a B too, I have to get it, I'm just really hoping I do. :smile:

you'll hopefully get it and ill be over the moon if get an A because i want to do accountancy for A level and i dont want to be that one student who has a B in maths and doing Accountancy for A level so i need to get that A to get to do Accountancy :smile:
you'll hopefully get it and ill be over the moon if get an A because i want to do accountancy for A level and i dont want to be that one student who has a B in maths and doing Accountancy for A level so i need to get that A to get to do Accountancy :smile:

Awh! Cool :smile: You'll get it hopefully :wink: I want to do Chemistry & Biology so I have to have a B in Maths :frown:
Hegartymaths is a life saver, if you need help on certain topics they have loads of videos, you could get an A instead of a B
Awh! Cool :smile: You'll get it hopefully :wink: I want to do Chemistry & Biology so I have to have a B in Maths :frown:

im not one for science it dosent stick in my head but i like physics becuase you've got to stick in equations and your good to go. what else do you want to study for A levels.
i want to study : Textiles, Religious Education, Accountancy and Health&Social Care
Oh wow, that sounds good! :smile: I'm doing 3 A-Levels so I'm thinking of: Chemistry, Biology, and Law.
Oh wow, that sounds good! :smile: I'm doing 3 A-Levels so I'm thinking of: Chemistry, Biology, and Law.

Law seems to difficult basically i hate English and cant wait to finish my exams so i dont have to look back at poetry, An Inspector Calls or Of Mice and Men
Law seems to difficult basically i hate English and cant wait to finish my exams so i dont have to look back at poetry, An Inspector Calls or Of Mice and Men

LMAO :biggrin: I feel like that about my teacher, but I think english is one of my stronger subjects, and I really enjoy learning citizenship, which kind of leads onto law, so yh, and i'm quite interested in my science's too, physics, not as much, but i love biology!
I'm doing the play 'A View from the Bridge' for English Literature. :smile:
yeah ive been revising as well now i had my friends over and i was helping them with maths so that was my revision as well. try revising with like 2 or 3 friends and talk as if your a teacher and it actually really works

the link you sent me for the prediction i was looking through it and the last question about vectors it talks about a straight line OMN do you understand what its talking about?
LMAO :biggrin: I feel like that about my teacher, but I think english is one of my stronger subjects, and I really enjoy learning citizenship, which kind of leads onto law, so yh, and i'm quite interested in my science's too, physics, not as much, but i love biology!
I'm doing the play 'A View from the Bridge' for English Literature. :smile:

ive never heard of that play. its weird that i love reading if you gave me a good book series like Harry Potter i can finish it off in like 3 days but when it comes to English i want to get rid of it.
ive never heard of that play. its weird that i love reading if you gave me a good book series like Harry Potter i can finish it off in like 3 days but when it comes to English i want to get rid of it.

Haha :biggrin: and that play, I advice don't read it, it's like really 'ew', the guy kisses his surrogate niece, & call's her fiance, homosexual, and he dies at the end, not preferable for me, not sure about you but yh. Not my type. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending