The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Tourism Management at Hertfordshire Uni

Hey, just wanted to ask if there's anyone who has applied for Tourism Management at herts uni for Sept 2016 or any students who's already taking the course and what they think of it?

Thanks! :smile:
Hey,

I'm currently in final year of Tourism Management.. The course is great, the lecturers are great.. Whilst i could talk about the course for ever i can't really comment on the modules when you enter. That's due to the fact the modules you'll be taking are brand new as we just re-viewed the entire course for the year 6 years. I was one of the students who represented final years students thoughts on the changes and can tell you the new modules are better than what i got to have. More tourism focused, and just improved. The staffing team are lovely, as they are a small team (Alethea, Celeste, Susan, Nika, Sarah) they are easy to talk to unlike other courses which has hundreds of students on, the teaching team get to know all their students on an individual level which is much better for us and them. You'll also get another staff member as they are currently hiring a new member, apparently the potential hire list is rather good so far.

Want to wish you good luck for the course, make the most of Uni, get involved with as much stuff as possible and talk to the teaching team a lot as they really due care and can help.

any other questions (more specific) just ask as i'll probably be able to answer 99% of them
Luke
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for replying! That's really useful to know :smile: Also, I wanted to ask about the course offering students to study abroad and if there are only certain places you can go to or can you go to all the places they offer as I am really interested to study in Asia, specifically South Korea. Are there also a lot of students taking the course, as I'm not sure if Tourism is a popular choice xD

Thanks again!
Original post by lukeisfantasy
Hey,

I'm currently in final year of Tourism Management.. The course is great, the lecturers are great.. Whilst i could talk about the course for ever i can't really comment on the modules when you enter. That's due to the fact the modules you'll be taking are brand new as we just re-viewed the entire course for the year 6 years. I was one of the students who represented final years students thoughts on the changes and can tell you the new modules are better than what i got to have. More tourism focused, and just improved. The staffing team are lovely, as they are a small team (Alethea, Celeste, Susan, Nika, Sarah) they are easy to talk to unlike other courses which has hundreds of students on, the teaching team get to know all their students on an individual level which is much better for us and them. You'll also get another staff member as they are currently hiring a new member, apparently the potential hire list is rather good so far.

Want to wish you good luck for the course, make the most of Uni, get involved with as much stuff as possible and talk to the teaching team a lot as they really due care and can help.

any other questions (more specific) just ask as i'll probably be able to answer 99% of them
Luke
Original post by Justinexo
Thanks for replying! That's really useful to know :smile: Also, I wanted to ask about the course offering students to study abroad and if there are only certain places you can go to or can you go to all the places they offer as I am really interested to study in Asia, specifically South Korea. Are there also a lot of students taking the course, as I'm not sure if Tourism is a popular choice xD

Thanks again!

Hey! I applied for International Tourism Management and it is my firm and only choice! Really looking forward to it! So you are not alone :smile:

I wonder if the classes are big or small and if there are more boys or girls...
Reply 4
Original post by trulyjessica
Hey! I applied for International Tourism Management and it is my firm and only choice! Really looking forward to it! So you are not alone :smile:

Hey! Omg that's great, nice to know someone else took it haha, I haven't been to an open day yet so I wasn't sure about the course and uni. I was thinking that too actually but i think there's more girls when I looked at the stats :smile:
Original post by Justinexo
Hey! Omg that's great, nice to know someone else took it haha, I haven't been to an open day yet so I wasn't sure about the course and uni. I was thinking that too actually but i think there's more girls when I looked at the stats :smile:

Original post by trulyjessica

Hi both ,

the class sizes ae smaller, like probably a max of 30 a year, but i find that better as you get to know the teaching team better and they can offer much more help on an individual basis compared to bigger courses. It is mainly female, that's just how the tourism industry is but over the past few years more males have been placed on the course.

With regards to study aboard we are partnered Unis in the following counties ; Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, india, japan, kenya, malaysia, mexico, russia, singapore, south arfia, south korea, and the states, (that's none-EU) whist they are for this year, it's very unlikely countries will get removed . Lots of tourism students go to Australia, we have one in malaysia right now and in the past have gone to south korea,

I didn't go to an open day, didn't really feel the need but if you come you might be able to get more details on the new course programme . there's one on June 4th (and i think that's it until the clearing open days)
Reply 6
Original post by lukeisfantasy
Hey,

Luke

Hello i want to ask about the international field trips which destinations have you visited ?
Original post by Iammusta
Hello i want to ask about the international field trips which destinations have you visited ?

Hi, personally I haven't been on any as things went wrong with our year as so couldn't go .. this years second years recently went to Barcelona . in the past have gone to parts of Asia and most of Europe .. they all do a UK trip at the start for first years as a way to get to know each other ; we went to bath /Stonehenge and also used it in our modules

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending