The Student Room Group

OCR AS New Spec Essays?

Scroll to see replies

Good luck today :frown:
Good luck everyone, I'm terrified :frown:
How did you guys find it? I feel it would have been better if I knew more but I found the sources hard, just wish I'd known more but it doesn't count which is the main thing.
Hey guys, how did you find it? :smile:
Original post by 10studentlife
How did you guys find it? I feel it would have been better if I knew more but I found the sources hard, just wish I'd known more but it doesn't count which is the main thing.

Which essay did you do? I did the James one and my structure sucked a bit...

It definitely wasn't as bad as I thought!

I was happy it was failure to achieve a settlement, but thought the source Qs were a bit iffy.

I wrote 13 pages so hopefully i've got some marks in there somewhere :wink:

How about you? :smile:
Original post by Helloitsme!
Which essay did you do? I did the James one and my structure sucked a bit...

It definitely wasn't as bad as I thought!

I was happy it was failure to achieve a settlement, but thought the source Qs were a bit iffy.

I wrote 13 pages so hopefully i've got some marks in there somewhere :wink:

How about you? :smile:

I did the one on parliament but had to rush so barely got anything in... I also got really confused by the sources and think i got loads of dates wrong... I really dont know how I've done, i just need to feel prepared for next week. Well done on it going well though.. Fancy helping one another out for the next one??
I did the one on parliament but had to rush so barely got anything in... I also got really confused by the sources and think i got loads of dates wrong... I really dont know how I've done, i just need to feel prepared for next week. Well done on it going well though.. Fancy helping one another out for the next one??

Don't worry, a girl in my class just messaged me and told me she didn't even attempt the last Q, so!!

The sources were harder than the mock, but hopefully low grade boundaries!!

Are you getting ready for the Cold War now? I suck so bad at that...
Don't worry, a girl in my class just messaged me and told me she didn't even attempt the last Q, so!!

The sources were harder than the mock, but hopefully low grade boundaries!!

Are you getting ready for the Cold War now? I suck so bad at that...

I think I should.. I'm really bad at it and want to try and atleast get a C overall:/
Reply 28
What topics are you guys doing for OCR?
I'm doing OCR too but I'm doing the Angevin Kings, 1199 - 1272 and Russia, 1894 - 1941 - Cant find anyone else doing the same topics as me :s-smilie:
I think I should.. I'm really bad at it and want to try and atleast get a C overall:/

Don't worry about it, I'm just going to plan the list of essays on sharepoint and practice the interpretation Q to death!!

I'm sure you'll be fine!! When is your next exam? :smile:
Original post by Khronus
What topics are you guys doing for OCR?
I'm doing OCR too but I'm doing the Angevin Kings, 1199 - 1272 and Russia, 1894 - 1941 - Cant find anyone else doing the same topics as me :s-smilie:

I'm doing The Early Stuarts (1603-1660) and The Cold War in Europe.

I know what you mean, other than my college I can't find anyone who does the same sub topics!

How did your exam go anyways? :smile:
Don't worry about it, I'm just going to plan the list of essays on sharepoint and practice the interpretation Q to death!!

I'm sure you'll be fine!! When is your next exam? :smile:

Friday English lit. What about you? Perhaps we could help each other out, I feel like those are quite specific though, as were the ones from England but the questions in the exam were quite broad...
Friday English lit. What about you? Perhaps we could help each other out, I feel like those are quite specific though, as were the ones from England but the questions in the exam were quite broad...

Monday, Psychology, so I have a few days.

Good luck for lit!!

Yeah, sure! How can I help you? :smile:

I'm going to try and do one for each section and hope for the best. Thats what I did with James and Civil war and they were the ones that came up :smile:
Reply 33
I'm doing The Early Stuarts (1603-1660) and The Cold War in Europe.

I know what you mean, other than my college I can't find anyone who does the same sub topics!

How did your exam go anyways? :smile:

Not too well to be honest.
I had a maths exam earlier in the day so wasn't as fresh as i would've liked to be. Also had a mind blank at the beginning of the exam so spent way too long on Question One - ended up rushing the rest and came out feeling that I could've done a lot better.

How about yourself?
Original post by Khronus
Not too well to be honest.
I had a maths exam earlier in the day so wasn't as fresh as i would've liked to be. Also had a mind blank at the beginning of the exam so spent way too long on Question One - ended up rushing the rest and came out feeling that I could've done a lot better.

How about yourself?

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you did better than you give yourself credit for! Don't beat your self up, we all have mind blanks.

I had the same thing with the maths, and I couldn't stop mentally hitting myself for making stupid mistakes which must have impacted this exam, but never mind! On to the next I guess :smile:

Timings wise, (for the first time ever), I finished just in time, but its the first year so they should be lenient!

Hope your second maths and history goes well :smile:
Heyy, I'm doing the italian unification paper as well on Wednesday, the early stuarts paper was good I think. I quite liked the sources, but the essay questions threw me off. I did the religion one on James and I feel like I was repeating my self
Anyone doing Russia exam about 1894-1942
Anyone got predictions for the cold war exam?
How did people find the Cold War in Europe exam? I can't find anyone who actually sat the exam!!!
Original post by blue2337
How did people find the Cold War in Europe exam? I can't find anyone who actually sat the exam!!!

I blanked. I'll be lucky if I get an E in History. I'm so disappointed as I worked really hard:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending