The Student Room Group

OCR C1 Paper Grade Boundaries?

What do you think the grade boundaries will be for the OCR c1 paper today. I know an A will be around 50 (because most people say it was quite hard) but what about the other grades?.

I think i got about 35 marks max and worried it wont even be an E lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
My guess is at about 60 - 62, since the paper wasn't that bad
Original post by Vladny
My guess is at about 60 - 62, since the paper wasn't that bad

Wasn't that bad? You must have sat the exam in an alternative universe:K:...
Reply 3
Original post by ColorMiKiki
Wasn't that bad? You must have sat the exam in an alternative universe:K:...

Hardest one i've ever done
Fairly easy paper, so frustrating how they target the re-sitters instead of actually testing our brains. My mate's uncle's dog's previous owner, who's a part time OCR examiner (when he's not repping the underground grime scene) said the grade boundaries will be really high as a result.
Reply 5
Original post by woop185
Hardest one i've ever done

Definitely the hardest one. Before this the hardest C1 had 56 something for an A. Considering this was much harder, grade boundary could be lower.
Yeah I got the gist that they wanted to make sure that people who retook c1 because it's the easiest, had a challenge. Not really fair for the first time people honestly. Lowest recent c1 grade boundary was 54 in the past 5 years so hopefully it's slightly lower (I got between 52-56).
Original post by black1blade
Yeah I got the gist that they wanted to make sure that people who retook c1 because it's the easiest, had a challenge. Not really fair for the first time people honestly. Lowest recent c1 grade boundary was 54 in the past 5 years so hopefully it's slightly lower (I got between 52-56).

are you talking about the ocr mei?
Reply 8
Original post by Libaan
are you talking about the ocr mei?

54 was an A in Jan 2011 not MEI
Reply 9

I hope it is around 54. You would get around 77-83 UMS if it was 54. In hind sight the paper wasn't too difficult the style of questions was different though.
Do people resitting take a different paper and is that was the mei is?
Reply 12
I really hope A is 50 marks! i struggled with the last 2 questions, like this has never happened in any of the past papers as most people manage 90%.
Reply 13
I did sixteen past papers over the course of the last couple of months and that, by far, was the hardest exam. The most annoying thing is that I now know how to work out the last question and it keep bugging me that I hardly attempted it now.Basically everyone I've talked to has said that it's the hardest one they've sat. My guess would be that the A grade would be ~60, maybe lower but probably not higher
Reply 15
Do people resitting take a different paper and is that was the mei is?

No and no. Those resitting sit the exact same exams as the AS students. MEI is just another maths a-level run by OCR. My old school's college does MEI but the college I'm at is just the OCR one.
I did the OCR C1 exam, I worked out that I got approximately 55 out of a possible 72. Really infuriating that I do know how to do the last question but put minimal effort into it. Anyway, any suggestions to what rough grade that would be. Really wanted an A on this paper, C2 was of standard difficulty which I was SO pleased about. Any suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending