The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1 exam 19/04/16

what do people think will come up in this years C1 exam? possible 6markers? I've revised everything just want to focus on detail for 6markers...
Hopefully 6 markers on alloys and fractional distillation
Reply 2
I think topic 5 will have a big focus e.g. Polymers
Reply 3
My predictions for the six markers are:

Problems with disposal of polymers
Formation of rocks
Reply 4
maybe comparison of fuels
Environmental problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fractional Distillation and Alloys came up last year, therefore I do not think they will be coming up as 6 markers this year.
Reply 7
Guys I'm panicking I know nothing on this exam like bare minimum!!!!! Please help me I don't even know how to balance an equation well the harder ones!!!! What the hell do I do?!!!!!!! I need a C ATLEAST ON THIS PAPER or I won't be allowed to do the course I want next year!!!! Any useful websites or suggestions and THINGS to actually revise as time is very limited??!!!!!
Original post by ayyyyyyy
Guys I'm panicking I know nothing on this exam like bare minimum!!!!! Please help me I don't even know how to balance an equation well the harder ones!!!! What the hell do I do?!!!!!!! I need a C ATLEAST ON THIS PAPER or I won't be allowed to do the course I want next year!!!! Any useful websites or suggestions and THINGS to actually revise as time is very limited??!!!!!

You have left it quite late haven't you? If I was you I'd watch this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9IouNCPbCxWqjyApf-x9Og16qs3kfmXT
Not sure the total length time but the guy covers everything in the C1 topic.

Then I'd make some brief notes whilst watching the videos that you can cram in before the exam, perhaps in the morning before.
Reply 9
Bitesize gcse
when dealing with balance equations you always ask yourself how much do you have on the left side and how much you have on the right side. for example CaCO3-(lets pretend that an arrow ) CaO + CO2 this is the equation of thermal decomposition of limestone . btw so that one is already balanced butt you see how on the left side you have only one calcium and you have one carbon and three oxygen and then after the arrows you have again one calcium and one carbon and three oxygens one combine with calcium and two with carbon . something what helps me a lot when dealing with balancing equations is to wright what i don't have and have like this left side Ca=1, C=1 etc.. do that with pencil and the atoms that you don't have the same amounts on both sides you balance it . remember big numbers in front means multiplies by anything that comes after and small number bellow an metal or compound means that it only applies to that compound .if that dint help try watching videos on the topic and topics you mostly struggle with . go to your exam board website look for past papers and go straight to 6 mark questions and open your revision guide and answer them on you text book . after you answer check if it fits the necessary criteria and revise you answer . you don't have much time now so i suggest to read and do 6 marks questions those are the ones that change C to B , B to A . belive in yourself don't overthink it . yes its trues you should have started earlier but now you don't have time to play victim . and good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
How did you guys find it
Guys i wrote that hydrogen is good because it is renewable and burns cleanly but its bad because it burn easily
Will this be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
quite easy who else
Hi has anyone got the unofficial mark scheme or have a link for the GCSE Edexcel chemistry C1 foundation?
Has anyone got the higher edexcel c1 mark scheme!?
I need your help in the exam i wrote beneath the question but still in the big box which has all the questions in it. Will it not be read now as i though it was still in the big box

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by legend.786
Guys i wrote that hydrogen is good because it is renewable and burns cleanly but its bad because it burn easily
Will this be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would probably get one mark for stating hydrogen is a renewable fuel, but burning easily is too vague. If a fuel burns easily, that's an advantage, not a disadvantage.

I put: One advantage of using hydrogen as an alternative to petrol is the only product being released is water. However, hydrogen is explosive if it reacts with the air.
Is a mosquito a protozoan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest