The Student Room Group

Turkey is going down the authoritarian route.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SemiteLog
I dont believe that, I know that. Turkey is getting stronger with its Islamic govt. and this makes Western countries uncomfortable. They are trying to destroy Turkish govt. in any way, does not matter how, any way, especially Britain wants that. British backed Kemalist system is collapsed in Turkiye and Britain cant control Turkiye anymore.

Well I know that what they write is true.

I feel deeply sad that there are not just humans like Erdogan, but humans like you so naive and blinded that they believe his propaganda. It's people him and the sheep like you that will eventually kill humanity.
Original post by inhuman
What does this mean? Throw around some random insult in attempt to pretend my argument is invalid?

Did Erdogan "prepare" the constitution? On his own?

What if the constitution is inherently undemocratic? Any random dictator can make one to his liking...

LoL I really dont want to continue this stupid conversation. If you have a problem you can go to an international court and sue whoever you want.
Reply 42
LoL I really dont want to continue this stupid conversation. If you have a problem you can go to an international court and sue whoever you want.

Nah, that's Erdogan's thing.

Did you know your president has 15000 court cases pending? He is keeping Turkish courts busy with his own defamation lawsuits. He has an entire team of lawyers just to look for possible insults and sue the people.

And btw, people have tried to sue him before, it's just very hard to do that to a foreign leader, you know, sovereignty and all. Or you don't know, because in Turkey unless you are Erdogan that type of idea doesn't exist.
Insulting people is not allowed in Turkiye. Insult is an hate speech and have nothing with freedom of speech. The doctor who compare Erdogan to Gollum is not jailed, just sued and fired from his job.

You have no idea what freedom of speech is, and this is not hate speech. If it were some random guy that was made fun of, then you may have a case, but freedom of speech is specifically reserved for 'political speech', meaning you are free to criticise ( or "insult" ) any political figure without government repercussion. If Erdogan does not want to be criticised, he is free to step down from public office - but I don't expect you to understand, you seem to be happy to live in a world where one cannot criticise your own government, so if that's what you wish then I guess you genuinely do support Erdogan.

If anything Turkey has just become a laughing stock:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/02/turkish-court-asks-gollum-experts-if-erdogan-comparison-insult

Spoiler

Original post by inhuman
Nah, that's Erdogan's thing.

Did you know your president has 15000 court cases pending? He is keeping Turkish courts busy with his own defamation lawsuits. He has an entire team of lawyers just to look for possible insults and sue the people.

And btw, people have tried to sue him before, it's just very hard to do that to a foreign leader, you know, sovereignty and all. Or you don't know, because in Turkey unless you are Erdogan that type of idea doesn't exist.

LoL why are you lying ? Prove your claim. There are about 300 court cases in Erdogan's life for insult cases as far as I know. Also the numbers does not matter, this is your right and you can use your rights even for billions times.

Then this is your problem. Find a court where you can sue anyone. When you prove your claims in an independent court, they become facts. Now they are just false propagandas of your intelligence tied newspapers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemting
You have no idea what freedom of speech is, and this is not hate speech. If it were some random guy that was made fun of, then you may have a case, but freedom of speech is specifically reserved for 'political speech', meaning you are free to criticise ( or "insult" ) any political figure without government repercussion. If Erdogan does not want to be criticised, he is free to step down from public office - but I don't expect you to understand, you seem to be happy to live in a world where one cannot criticise your own government, so if that's what you wish then I guess you genuinely do support Erdogan.

If anything Turkey has just become a laughing stock:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/02/turkish-court-asks-gollum-experts-if-erdogan-comparison-insult

You cant do that in Turkiye. Does not matter you did it for whom. President or an ordinary person. Your freedom ends when you start to disturb others. You can go your home and insult at walls but you cant use your rights to disturb one another. Modern people does not insult each other. If its free to insult people there in your country, this is your backwardness, you should stop it as soon as possible. You can find the parts related with personal attacks in Turkish constitution.
The guy needs to grow a pair, it's the equivalent of crying when someone in the playground calls you names. This article sums it up perfectly.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-turkey-eu-idUSKCN0XL0L6
Someones cant be "authoritarians" in democracies. Do you know what is democracy ?

I repeat, the constitution is going to be changed by election, not according to will of someones, can you understand that ?

I'm sorry, but you are ridiculously naive.
You cant do that in Turkiye. Does not matter you did it for whom. President or an ordinary person. Your freedom ends when you start to disturb others. You can go your home and insult at walls but you cant use your rights to disturb one another. Modern people does not insult each other. If its free to insult people there in your country, this is your backwardness, you should stop it as soon as possible. You can find the parts related with personal attacks in Turkish constitution.

My idea of a backwards country is one that closes down newspapers for criticising the government.
Erdogan has been caught stealing money many times just putting it out there lolol

"disturb" others? What the hell does that mean? So Erdogan is allowed to all his shenanigens which is totally not disturbing others... -_-

Erdogan can be an "ordinary person" when he steps down. Right now, he is a 'public servant' and a political figure and subjected to criticism.

Don't talk to me about the Turkish constitution. It seems you have no idea. I suggest you look at the part where it says it is a "secular" country before you say stuff like this:

Turkey is getting stronger with its Islamic govt.

It seems you don't care about the Turkish constitution when it doesn't suit your agenda, who's the hypocrite now?
Original post by JamesN88
My idea of a backwards country is one that closes down newspapers for criticising the government.

I see that British youth is mostly brainwashed by their own state. No newspapers in Turkiye closed because of they critise government. Some newspapers are closed because they are working together terror organizations. I can copy paste the links of dozens of newspapers critising govt everyday.
"disturb" others? What the hell does that mean? So Erdogan is allowed to all his shenanigens which is totally not disturbing others... -_-

So you cant use your freedom to insult someone, humiliate someone, calumniate someone and similar things. Everyone has right to live without being disturbed. Go to a court if you have a problem.

Erdogan can be an "ordinary person" when he steps down. Right now, he is a 'public servant' and a political figure and subjected to criticism.

Critism and insult are unrelated things.

Don't talk to me about the Turkish constitution. It seems you have no idea. I suggest you look at the part where it says it is a "secular" country before you say stuff like this:

Today current constitution is applied by the government which has an Islamic perspective. There is nothing violates the constitution.

It seems you don't care about the Turkish constitution when it doesn't suit your agenda, who's the hypocrite now?

Now you claim that govt violates constitution, why dont you prove your claims instead of fabricating stories ?
Reply 53
LoL why are you lying ? Prove your claim. There are about 300 court cases in Erdogan's life for insult cases as far as I know. Also the numbers does not matter, this is your right and you can use your rights even for billions times.

Then this is your problem. Find a court where you can sue anyone. When you prove your claims in an independent court, they become facts. Now they are just false propagandas of your intelligence tied newspapers.

You are a lunatic.

"a court where you can sue anyone" - do you even understand what jurisdiction is?

It's like arguing with a robot that has been programmed by Erdogan himself.
Reply 54
Now you claim that govt violates constitution, why dont you prove your claims instead of fabricating stories ?

Why do you keep telling others to "prove claims" when you have done no such thing yourself?
Original post by inhuman
You are a lunatic.

"a court where you can sue anyone" - do you even understand what jurisdiction is?

It's like arguing with a robot that has been programmed by Erdogan himself.

So you cant prove your claim and you started to insult me. This is a common behavior of those who slander. They usually start to insult people when they feel the defeat.
Original post by inhuman
Why do you keep telling others to "prove claims" when you have done no such thing yourself?

Burden of proof belongs to claimant.
I see that British youth is mostly brainwashed by their own state. No newspapers in Turkiye closed because of they critise government. Some newspapers are closed because they are working together terror organizations. I can copy paste the links of dozens of newspapers critising govt everyday.

Please do.

In the meantime I'll post this.

https://cpj.org/europe/turkey/
Reply 58
So you cant prove your claim and you started to insult me. This is a common behavior of those who slander. They usually start to insult people when they feel the defeat.

How is lunatic an insult?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

You are saying the same thing to us over and over "bla bla bla insult is hate speech bla bla prove your claim bla bla go to court". You have not said anything new for a long time. By that quote you are a lunatic.

And do you know what people do who can't win an argument? Exactly what you are doing, make up lies and ask for "proof", keep repeating the same foolish thing thinking saying it again makes it so.
Original post by JamesN88
Please do.

In the meantime I'll post this.

https://cpj.org/europe/turkey/

Will you apologize me if I copy paste 10 different links from Turkish media organs which critises government ?

Your link is a nonsense. Zaman newspaper belons to a terror organization and the persons who claims of being journalists were published documents of intelligence trucks. You cant do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending