The Student Room Group

Chemistry C1 19 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone think crude oil will come up? If so I have wasted hours of my time right now :frown: The life of an AQA infected teen
Original post by z_o_e
What would you say for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

number 4
Original post by Andy-22
I'm not sure, maybe quarrying or the uses of limestone or the limestone cycle

do you reckon about phytomining and bioleaching
Reply 23
Original post by z_o_e

Posted from TSR Mobile

Number 4, isn't it? Cause Aluminium is a different process to Carbon. Carbon is Reduction and Aluminium is Electrolysis?
Reply 24
Original post by Mansi Gadhia
do you reckon about phytomining and bioleaching

Potentially yeah, but I don't think there will be a lot on that as it's a small part of a bigger topic
Original post by z_o_e

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's because it is more reactive than carbon so electrolysis would have to be used.
Original post by octoppus
Evolution of the atmosphere is likely, so is formation of rocks.
I'm thinking maybe polymers and also electrolysis

What is the formation of rocks? :s-smilie:
Original post by z_o_e

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was looking through my revision and I would say the 6 mark question will be limestone, Polymers or Miler-Urey. But that's just my thoughts.
I also have a cheeky feeling there will be a one mark question on how a polymer is made biodegradable, just a cheeky feeling, but I'm probably wrong,
Original post by Andy-22
Potentially yeah, but I don't think there will be a lot on that as it's a small part of a bigger topic

so was components of a healthy diet and their roles in the body and then BAM... a 6 marker on it :colonhash:
Original post by Charlie223
I was looking through my revision and I would say the 6 mark question will be limestone, Polymers or Miler-Urey. But that's just my thoughts.
I also have a cheeky feeling there will be a one mark question on how a polymer is made biodegradable, just a cheeky feeling, but I'm probably wrong,

I haven't seen many questions on Miller-Urey so I think it's quite likely.
And for the biodegradable thing, are the polymers made out of cornstarch? (Or I read something about non-biodegradable ones being mixed with cornstarch?)
Original post by surina16
I haven't seen many questions on Miller-Urey so I think it's quite likely.
And for the biodegradable thing, are the polymers made out of cornstarch? (Or I read something about non-biodegradable ones being mixed with cornstarch?)

Yea, cornstarch or any starch granules is added which allows it to be decomposed by microorganisms.
Reply 32
Original post by surina16
so was components of a healthy diet and their roles in the body and then BAM... a 6 marker on it :colonhash:

True, but I would be very, very surprised if phytomining and bioleaching came up as a six marker! :wink:
Reply 33
Is the limestone cycle just when limestone is heated with clay to make cement. cement with sand to make mortar, etc ? or is there more to it ?
Reply 34
I think the 6 marker will be on comparing the two methods of making ethanol so fermentation and hydration.
Reply 35
Original post by linah_
Is the limestone cycle just when limestone is heated with clay to make cement. cement with sand to make mortar, etc ? or is there more to it ?

There is more to it such as how limestone turns into slaked lime (calcium oxide), how limestone turns into quick lime (calcium hydroxide) as well as how you get calcium carbonate from calcium hydroxide. Also, you need to know the uses of calcium hydroxide etc.
Original post by z_o_e

Posted from TSR Mobile

no0 too sure tbh but I'd say either 2 or 4 :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by t10r
There is more to it such as how limestone turns into slaked lime (calcium oxide), how limestone turns into quick lime (calcium hydroxide) as well as how you get calcium carbonate from calcium hydroxide. Also, you need to know the uses of calcium hydroxide etc.

Oh no, i did not revise that ! stupid me... but Thank you :smile:
Reply 38
I'm doing OCR any ideas??
Reply 39
Original post by MissChameleon
Does anyone think crude oil will come up? If so I have wasted hours of my time right now :frown: The life of an AQA infected teen

yes i strongly feel like there will be a question on crude oil but thats just what i think xD

Quick Reply

Latest