The Student Room Group

Woman whipped to death for being a Witch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawbAri
India is perfectly capable of governing themselves as can be seen by the rapid development they've been making in recent years.
One disturbing case does not mean the nation as a whole is incapable of self government.

Take your self righteous, neo colonialist ******** somewhere else.

Yeah right. They have a space programme but can't handle a witch hunt.

#progress

Worst part people die because you would rather not admit it :lol:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

#progress

There's a big problem in India with local policing, which is of very variable quality, integrity and consistency. It sounds from this story as if there is little or no police presence in the village where it happened, or if there is, they were outnumbered. The same problem of law and order can be seen in many developing nations. That doesn't mean they are permanently stuck in a miserable state, it's just another thing to sort out. They've made a lot of progress improving policing and crime levels generally are much lower across India now than they used to be.
Original post by Erebor
India is doing much better compared to Africa which became an utter cluster**** after the whites left and remains so to this day with no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel. There's not even a tunnel, never mind a light..

That's not true at all and quite frankly an ignorant statement.
The situation in Africa is bad yes but it isn't a hopeless situation with no light at the end of the tunnel like you seem to think.

Some economies in Africa are predicted to join the world top 20 before 2030. How is that not develpment?
Original post by SA-1
Oh darn it!

It's close to Pakistan though, so must have something to do with the bloody Muslims!!!

Take your racism back to the 80s. Before you say 'religion is not a race' the way your commenting shows you have something against Pakistani's. I mean your not providing any argument for religion are you.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
There's a big problem in India with local policing, which is of very variable quality, integrity and consistency. It sounds from this story as if there is little or no police presence in the village where it happened, or if there is, they were outnumbered. The same problem of law and order can be seen in many developing nations. That doesn't mean they are permanently stuck in a miserable state, it's just another thing to sort out. They've made a lot of progress improving policing and crime levels generally are much lower across India now than they used to be.

'There's a problem with local policing'
'It's not their fault'

Clearly it is when they spend so much money on other sectors.
That's just not how it works...

Spoiler

#progress

The situation is disturbing yes. But that doesn't mean you should imply they need to be colonalised again.
These things take time to root out and solve.
The fact that there are these problems within the society doesn't mean the nation as a whole is completely incapable of self governance.

I'm sure if Indians put enough pressure on the government to fix issues like this after this incident then heavier measures will be taken against it.
That's how you take care of problems.

Equally barbaric practices might occur in your own country, does that mean it should be colonalised?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by redleader1
Take your racism back to the 80s. Before you say 'religion is not a race' the way your commenting shows you have something against Pakistani's. I mean your not providing any argument for religion are you.

Nah nothing against Pakistanis.

Or Muslims tbf

Did you not read my fish and chips comment?
The situation is disturbing yes. But that doesn't mean you should imply they need to be colonalised again.
These things take time to root out and solve.
The fact that there are these problems within the society doesn't mean the nation as a whole is completely incapable of self governance.

I'm sure if Indians put enough pressure on the government to fix issues like this after this incident then heavier measures will be taken against it.
That's how you take care of problems.

Equally barbaric practices might occur in your own country, does that mean it should be colonalised?

Tbf Straw if people were getting whipped in England and Scotland told us they were going to colonialise us, i'd bloody well support them if they made it stop.
'There's a problem with local policing'
'It's not their fault'

Clearly it is when they spend so much money on other sectors.

I agree with your last point. Clearly it isn't right for a country with so many basic social problems to be building nuclear weapons and spaceships.
if it was muslims who did this the hindus would be talking mad sh1t. cough cough @
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Nah nothing against Pakistanis.

Or Muslims tbf

Did you not read my fish and chips comment?

Oh right was gonna say Ozil is a muslim
India is perfectly capable of governing themselves as can be seen by the rapid development they've been making in recent years.
One disturbing case does not mean the nation as a whole is incapable of self government.

Take your self righteous, neo colonialist ******** somewhere else.

Their space program and lack of proper sanitation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Erebor
India is doing much better compared to Africa which became an utter cluster**** after the whites left and remains so to this day with no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel. There's not even a tunnel, never mind a light..

China begs to differ.

Anyway, there are some countries for which this is not true.
Original post by Erebor

A country is doing better than a continent...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously India didn't get that memo.
Original post by DiddyDec
Their space program and lack of proper sanitation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The booming software industry, reduction in illiteracy and successful defeat of polio which I find very impressive considering the fact that corruption is still a big problem.
Though there's still problems with sanitation, security etc they've come a long way in the past two decades.
Original post by SA-1
Religion of peace

Where does it say they're Muslim? Judging by the area and name its most likely tribal or Hinduism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending