The Student Room Group

lilacpotato's GCSE Revision

Scroll to see replies

Update 17/05/16

French was good overall! :biggrin: Listening was a bit tricky but the reading was easy so I think I'll have done well. :smile:

I don't have much to update on...

RE - Did 3-4 hours of revision - made notes on everything that could come up for the 8 markers
I should probably have got round to something else but RE was pretty draining...:tongue:

Hope exams are going okay for everyone!
Original post by Atominator
I've got my first (and only) exam on Friday. I'm in year 10, so I'm taking astronomy this year. I really nervous but I've been taking loads of past papers. I be also been taking online tests and I've written out the whole syllabus, as well as notes on random topics. I'm hoping for an A/A*, but you never know how it'll go.

Do you do the course after school? How did you finish it in a year?!

It sounds like you've been doing some good revision. You may have already seen this, it has some good (if not long) quizzes! http://rswebsites.co.uk/science/

Good luck with the exam - let me know how it goes! :smile:
Update 18/05/16

RE went a lot better than I was expecting so I am happy about that! No more RE everrrrrrrrr! :biggrin::biggrin:

I've mainly just been focusing on tomorrow's exam...C1
Geography - Finished mind map & did a few practice questions
Chemistry - Finished quiz, tested my friend (and she tested me) and went over 2012 paper as my teacher thinks they may use similar topics.

Hopefully there won't be any drunk rats in tomorrow's paper! :tongue:
Original post by lilacpotato
Update 18/05/16RE went a lot better than I was expecting so I am happy about that! No more RE everrrrrrrrr! :biggrin::biggrin:

I've mainly just been focusing on tomorrow's exam...C1
Geography - Finished mind map & did a few practice questions
Chemistry - Finished quiz, tested my friend (and she tested me) and went over 2012 paper as my teacher thinks they may use similar topics.

Hopefully there won't be any drunk rats in tomorrow's paper! :tongue:

Haha well done are you ready for C1 ?
What do you think the 6 marker would be ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha well done are you ready for C1 ?
What do you think the 6 marker would be ?

I think I'm ready...what about you?
Hmmm maybe advantages and disadvantages of quarrying/something about metal extraction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm ready...what about you?
Hmmm maybe advantages and disadvantages of quarrying/something about metal extraction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i'm ready too kinda :smile:
Yeh same or the Miller Urey
Update 19/05/16

The C1 paper was a gift, I think! :smile: Hardly any of my teacher's predictions came up but I think I did well! :biggrin: I've looked at the unofficial mark scheme (I couldn't resist! :tongue:) and I don't appear to have lost too many marks - yay!

Today I did 4 hours worth of Astronomy revision at school! :redface:
I did a bit more when I got home and I did the 2015 paper (95/120 which is almost an A*!) :biggrin:

I feel prepared and I'm just hoping it will be a nice paper! :smile:

Good luck to anyone else doing the exam!
Update 19/05/16

The C1 paper was a gift, I think! :smile: Hardly any of my teacher's predictions came up but I think I did well! :biggrin: I've looked at the unofficial mark scheme (I couldn't resist! :tongue:) and I don't appear to have lost too many marks - yay!

I did a bit more when I got home and I did the 2015 paper (95/120 which is almost an A*!) :biggrin:

Hey, good thing you found it easy :smile: I found it good as well what was the mark you got from the unofficial mark scheme ?
Well done
Hey, good thing you found it easy :smile: I found it good as well what was the mark you got from the unofficial mark scheme ?
Well done

That's good! :smile:
I don't like to be too specific but I think I may have got into the 50s :biggrin:
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good! :smile:
I don't like to be too specific but I think I may have got into the 50s :biggrin:
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok :smile:
46 :wink:
Update 19/05/16

Thanks. I'm taking the astronomy tomorrow as well. I've taken all the past papers, and I've generally done well, but you never know it'll go.

I'm feeling quite nervous, but I'm just hoping my revision's payed off. Good luck to you too, and to everyone else. Fingers crossed!
Update 19/05/16

Hi, I've been taking astronomy for just under a year at my school - Usually it's a 2 year course, but my teacher accepted me in January when I expressed an interest. I thought I could juggle Astronomy with all my other subjects but I'm really struggling! My exam (EdExcel) is tomorrow at 1:30pm, and I'm veryy nervous as I feel I've hardly done any revision. I've spoken to my peers and they said they're in the same boat as me, but they were here for the whole 2 years :frown: I would really appreciate some last minute revision tips and links!

What examboard are you on btw?
Original post by naynay132
Hi, I've been taking astronomy for just under a year at my school - Usually it's a 2 year course, but my teacher accepted me in January when I expressed an interest. I thought I could juggle Astronomy with all my other subjects but I'm really struggling! My exam (EdExcel) is tomorrow at 1:30pm, and I'm veryy nervous as I feel I've hardly done any revision. I've spoken to my peers and they said they're in the same boat as me, but they were here for the whole 2 years :frown: I would really appreciate some last minute revision tips and links!

http://www.gcseastronomy.co.uk/space/main/index.html (Have a look at the mind maps and take some quizzes)

http://www.astronomygcse.co.uk/AstroGCSE/New%20Site/IndexNew.htm (Read over some entries)

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/astronomy-2009.html (Take a look at the past papers)

Hope this helps. Good luck!
What exam board are you under for French?
Update 17/05/16

French was good overall! :biggrin: Listening was a bit tricky but the reading was easy so I think I'll have done well. :smile:

I don't have much to update on...

RE - Did 3-4 hours of revision - made notes on everything that could come up for the 8 markers
I should probably have got round to something else but RE was pretty draining...:tongue:

Hope exams are going okay for everyone!
Oh ok :smile:
46 :wink:

Nice! :smile: Have you got any exams today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do Edexcel as well :smile:
This quiz might be good for some last minute revision - that's what I'm doing! http://rswebsites.co.uk/science/GCSE%20Astronomy%20Megaquiz%20SP.html

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tiara006
What exam board are you under for French?

AQA - you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! :smile: Have you got any exams today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope starts next week where i've got exams everyday !
Nope starts next week where i've got exams everyday !

That was me this week, I've only got 3 next week! Yay! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Atominator
Thanks. I'm taking the astronomy tomorrow as well. I've taken all the past papers, and I've generally done well, but you never know it'll go.

I'm feeling quite nervous, but I'm just hoping my revision's payed off. Good luck to you too, and to everyone else. Fingers crossed!

How did the exam go for you?

Quick Reply

Latest