The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by safiyyah98
Can I ask why just of your ethnicity? Just out of curiosity :smile:

I'm a proud Somali !!!! lol
How about you?
Original post by Anonymous
Also, if it's not obvious from your username, put whether you're male or female.
I'd like to be married by 25 - female.

I would never like to be married. The reason being is that I can still love a woman but getting married makes things much more difficult should things go tits up with the relationship.
Original post by Laomedeia
I would never like to be married. The reason being is that I can still love a woman but getting married makes things much more difficult should things go tits up with the relationship.

Think its different for most though in terms of intimacy. No marriage = no intimacy.
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Think its different for most though in terms of intimacy. No marriage = no intimacy.

Thats god dam blackmail!
Original post by Laomedeia
Thats god dam blackmail!

You learn to live with it. :wink:
Original post by sadly
I'm a proud Somali !!!! lol
How about you?

Pakistani
Um, preferably after university? Or maybe a couple of years after I've finished university hopefully. It will be great If I met my future wife at university, regardless of how trivial and cliche it sounds lol.
People might call me a "bad Muslim" for the fact that I don't consider marriage or family a big priority. When your degree qualification has taken the best years of your life away from you, to the point where you won't end up starting your first real professional job until your 30's, the last thing you want to do is condemn the life you have left by jumping straight into marriage. Relationships weigh you down, stop you doing the things you want to and no woman is ready to compromise for a man who has ambitions to travel and perform on stage/film/TV etc. I am adamant that I will not let my family pressure me into giving my life away to some stupid woman when I've already worked so hard towards improving my life and got nothing to show for it. I don't care if all my younger cousins get married before me and that's not embarrassing in the slightest. I'd rather spend my life on my own than have a woman give me **** and childish attention-seeking behaviour because I want to work and enjoy my life.
Original post by asif007
People might call me a "bad Muslim" for the fact that I don't consider marriage or family a big priority. When your degree qualification has taken the best years of your life away from you, to the point where you won't end up starting your first real professional job until your 30's, the last thing you want to do is condemn the life you have left by jumping straight into marriage. Relationships weigh you down, stop you doing the things you want to and no woman is ready to compromise for a man who has ambitions to travel and perform on stage/film/TV etc. I am adamant that I will not let my family pressure me into giving my life away to some stupid woman when I've already worked so hard towards improving my life and got nothing to show for it. I don't care if all my younger cousins get married before me and that's not embarrassing in the slightest. I'd rather spend my life on my own than have a woman give me **** and childish attention-seeking behaviour because I want to work and enjoy my life.

I believe that a person can enjoy his life, do whatever he wants and be in a relationship at the same time if he has a good routine. I believe marriage is worth it if both partners are mature, hardworking, understanding and happy. The difference between me and you is that I dont have dreams of performing on stage/film/TV at all.
Original post by Naveed-7
I believe that a person can enjoy his life, do whatever he wants and be in a relationship at the same time if he has a good routine. I believe marriage is worth it if both partners are mature, hardworking, understanding and happy. The difference between me and you is that I dont have dreams of performing on stage/film/TV at all.

Is there something wrong with wanting to perform? In my experiences, girls don't even want to compromise on how much of my money they spend. Why would they let a boyfriend/husband travel abroad and live his life on his own terms? I think it's better to spare myself all the **** they would give me.
I'd like to get married at 24 but it may happen sooner (maybe even later, idek)...my mother and uncle have already started suggesting people for me to consider saying I don't have much time before all the good ones go :lol:
Id like to get married a few years after university. When the time comes it's going to come . I don't want to jump into having a marriage because everyone around me will.✌🏽️
meh
Original post by asif007

You're assuming that having a wife is always a bad thing which is a terrible generalisation. Besides the fact that having a wife may provide you with a new best friend that can support you physically, emotionally and mentally and just generally be there for you, I have to ask ... Are you going to become a monk and be celibate your whole life? Because Islam condemns that.
Original post by Butternuts96
You're assuming that having a wife is always a bad thing which is a terrible generalisation. Besides the fact that having a wife may provide you with a new best friend that can support you physically, emotionally and mentally and just generally be there for you, I have to ask ... Are you going to become a monk and be celibate your whole life? Because Islam condemns that.

Lol, who said anything about being celibate? I've had girlfriends, I've had sex and I intend to keep doing so without getting married. At this point in time I don't think I'll find a woman who will be my "best friend" and "support me" - that's just a romanticised fantasy for young people waiting for the right person to turn up, when they probably never will. Girls have so many high expectations of a relationship and then throw *****-fits when things don't go their way - I really can't be dealing with that **** when I have my own life and health to focus on.
Original post by asif007

plz stay single
what woman would ever want you lel
plz stay single
what woman would ever want you lel

Happily single and ****ing all the girls I want to. :smile:
Original post by asif007
Happily single and ****ing all the girls I want to. :smile:

Slut :h:
Reply 338
What is this ****ing for?(not a Muslim btw)
Slut :h:

At least I ain't hiding behind Anonymous :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending