The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

For the area question, I split it into 2 triangles instead, had to go the route of finding the length of lines and stuff ended up with some crazy answer at the end with a square root in it. any one else take this approach
Original post by jimmyjoy
image.jpg

Anybody go down this route for the area question? I didn't spot the triangle and the square, looking at the solutions woulda saved me a lot of time if I went for the other method

I created a new point and called it z where L1 crosses the x axis then did the big triangle ZQR-ZPO.
Original post by Funnycatvideos
I'm feeling good about this :biggrin:. I pulled the solution to 6c right out of my arse and I somehow got it!

Last time I pulled a solution out of my arse, the invigilator said I was cheating.
Original post by Emily123454321
For question 11 I got k as -41/4 raher than 41/8 as I forgot to times the 4 by (-2) !!
Question C and D consequently were wrong (2 marks each) but they were right in refernce to my k.
Will I drop all the marks for these two parts or get half marks or do they accept carry through marks as they are seperate question?:frown:
please help meeeeee

SAME!! I did exactly this. Hey @Arsey could you please answer this question, as it would determine whether or not I get an A.
Original post by EricPiphany
Last time I pulled a solution out of my arse, the invigilator said I was cheating.

Kek
Original post by jamessmith15
i wrote 3 to the 9x+3 by accident
Would i still get a method mark for this?

Did the exact same thing
So many silly mistakes :frown:
Reply 167
For Question 9, I didn't realise that the guy only got money after his 10th birthday so i did it like he was receiving the money since he was 1...:frown: but my method was right, will I get any marks? If so roughly how many? Ecf?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 168
Original post by EricPiphany

Z23.jpg
Original post by kdavid
For Question 9, I didn't realise that the guy only got money after his 10th birthday so i did it like he was receiving the money since he was 1...:frown: but my method was right, will I get any marks? If so roughly how many? Ecf?

Probably. I made the mistake on part e of it because I forget to add 9.

Due to the poll, being on a site for a lot of bang outs, showing that this exam was hard, do you think that grade boundaries will be lower.

You won't believe how many stupid mistakes I made. If I had time to double check I could have done so much better :'(
i think i got roughly ~39/75 but might get more for method marks. So that does it ... i got a U or a E
@TeeEm / @Arsey

You guys know for question two, it says express 9^(3x+1) in the form 3^y

I wrote it correctly and got 3^(6x + 2)

But I saw a lot of people also put y = 6x + 2, even in Arsey's markscheme.

But I did answer the question right? I expressed it in the 3^y form so I shouldn't lose any marks.
in question 1 instead of getting -8x^1/2 i got 8/3x-3/2

how much marks would i lose for that question? the rest of the answer was correct
Original post by High Stakes
@TeeEm / @Arsey

You guys know for question two, it says express 9^(3x+1) in the form 3^y

I wrote it correctly and got 3^(6x + 2)

But I saw a lot of people also put y = 6x + 2, even in Arsey's markscheme.

But I did answer the question right? I expressed it in the 3^y form so I shouldn't lose any marks.

Lose 1 mark
Original post by KappaRoss
i think i got roughly ~39/75 but might get more for method marks. So that does it ... i got a U or a E

I have no words
Reply 175
Original post by hiphop97
For the area question, I split it into 2 triangles instead, had to go the route of finding the length of lines and stuff ended up with some crazy answer at the end with a square root in it. any one else take this approach

yup me too. how many marks do you think we'll get?
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Lose 1 mark

But they didn't ask for express y in terms of x?
On the last question I put 41/4 instead of 41/8 will I loose marks for the questions underneath or will I get error carried forward
Original post by High Stakes
But they didn't ask for express y in terms of x?

You won't lose marks don't worry
Look at the jan 2013 paper, there was a similar question worded exactly the same. You get full marks even if you don't state what y=
writing y=... is just an alternative
Reply 179
1463603861976-255959598.jpgFor question 11b, I got the k value as 41/2 and wrong because I forgot to divide by 4. I follwed through with this k value and got parts c and d wrong. How many marks would I get for this working. Thankss!

Latest