The Student Room Group

Is this weird?

Today was a colleagues birthday she started a month ago and one colleague wanted to get her something so she got us to sign a card which had pictures of the colleague probably from Facebook and I found it creepy and weird as they aren't even close and she bought the card but we all had to chip in with the cash.
She even bought flowers that cost £23 which I thought was over the top.

Would you find it creepy someone giving you that both are women btw but having someone dig through my fb pictures and put in on a card would freak me out if I see them as a aquaintance.
Maybe she wanted to make an effort? Who knows what her intentions were but never jump to conclusions I suppose.
Original post by chikane
Today was a colleagues birthday she started a month ago and one colleague wanted to get her something so she got us to sign a card which had pictures of the colleague probably from Facebook and I found it creepy and weird as they aren't even close and she bought the card but we all had to chip in with the cash.
She even bought flowers that cost £23 which I thought was over the top.

Would you find it creepy someone giving you that both are women btw but having someone dig through my fb pictures and put in on a card would freak me out if I see them as a aquaintance.

Alarm bells would be sounding in my mind.
I'd find it weird too. Especially given that she hadn't been there that long.
Doesnt sound too suspect to me. Just making an effort
Reply 5
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Alarm bells would be sounding in my mind.

I think she is trying to buy friends she isn't a nice person I thought it was creepy thing to do.
Reply 6
Original post by Tiger Rag
I'd find it weird too. Especially given that she hadn't been there that long.

Yes she said she weren't expecting nothing as she hasn't been there long.
It was weird she put so much effort in.
Original post by chikane
I think she is trying to buy friends she isn't a nice person I thought it was creepy thing to do.

Yeah it's creepy, not too bad but weird and invasive none the less.

She isn't nice, how come?
I want juicy details.
Reply 8
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Yeah it's creepy, not too bad but weird and invasive none the less.

She isn't nice, how come?
I want juicy details.

She can be manipulative and get people in trouble if they made a mistake also she is two faced as well and she used to have a friend who she would constantly text and ring to gossip about work. This friend had enough of her behaviour and saw right through her and what she was really like and blocked her and left her without saying bye when she changed jobs or explained why she was ignoring her.

So I think it's an attempt to be friends with this colleague as she has no real friends.

It's not a bad gift but it is over the top you would give that sort of gift to your close friends some might think it's cute I think it's weird af.
Original post by chikane
She can be manipulative and get people in trouble if they made a mistake also she is two faced as well and she used to have a friend who she would constantly text and ring to gossip about work. This friend had enough of her behaviour and saw right through her and what she was really like and blocked her and left her without saying bye when she changed jobs or explained why she was ignoring her.

So I think it's an attempt to be friends with this colleague as she has no real friends.

It's not a bad gift but it is over the top you would give that sort of gift to your close friends some might think it's cute I think it's weird af.

Sounds like you have it right.

That present sounds inane imo, who wants a picture of their own face on a birthday card?
I wouldn't find it weird to give someone a card and a gift on their birthday even if they hadn't been in that job long but going through her FB and using a pic of her is a bit creepy if they aren't best friends. A cheap bog standard card from Card Factory would have done :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit weird, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things… :no:
Reply 12
Original post by Spock's Socks
I wouldn't find it weird to give someone a card and a gift on their birthday even if they hadn't been in that job long but going through her FB and using a pic of her is a bit creepy if they aren't best friends. A cheap bog standard card from Card Factory would have done :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally agree but rooting through someones Facebook photos and putting it on a card is very over the top when they barely know one another.
That was what made me think wtf.

Quick Reply

Latest