The Student Room Group

Geography AS level edexcel unit 2 predictions 2016

Does anyone have any predictions for the Edexcel AS level geography exam UNIT2 on CROWDED COASTS and REBRANDING for the exam on 20 May 2016? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Beg someone says some

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
flooding/erosion or coastal development/land use they haven't come up in a few years....
Reply 3
Crowded Coasts
Physical & Human factors
Sustainable Coastal Management
Coastal risk & erosion
Coastal Development
Flooding
Land use
Coastal resorts

Rebranding
Sustainable cities
Rural areas
Presentation & Analysis of Rural/Urban areas
Reimaging/Regenerating
Catalysts
Reasons for rebranding
Success/Failures of Rebranding schemes
Rebranding strategies
so essentially everything then thanks mate
presentation stuff for fieldwork and research on the rebranding side possibly?
Original post by chlxx
Does anyone have any predictions for the Edexcel AS level geography exam UNIT2 on CROWDED COASTS and REBRANDING for the exam on 20 May 2016? Thanks :smile:

I've got the same exam on Friday... i've looked at past papers, and my predictions are: (don't hold me to this of course)

CROWDED COASTS:
figure- could be anything haha
10mk- sustainable coastal management
15mk- f&r into whether it is a crowded coast/ coastal town in decline

REBRANDING:
figure- got a feeling it could be to do with reimaging
10mk- rural rebranding (just seems to be the case in 4 of last 7 years!)
15mk- f&r for success of urban rebranding schemes
(2014- analysis +present/ and 2015- results and conclusions) so one would assume....

but knowing edexcel it will be something completely random that I dont have a clue about- C1 maths today for example :frown:

Hope this helps,

to be honest I'm hoping that crowded coasts fieldwork and research isn't a weird one like conservation/management etc, if it isnt then should be fine!!

GOOD LUCK!
Original post by uptheboro070516
I've got the same exam on Friday... i've looked at past papers, and my predictions are: (don't hold me to this of course)

CROWDED COASTS:

REBRANDING:
(2014- analysis +present/ and 2015- results and conclusions) so one would assume....

but knowing edexcel it will be something completely random that I dont have a clue about- C1 maths today for example :frown:

Hope this helps,

to be honest I'm hoping that crowded coasts fieldwork and research isn't a weird one like conservation/management etc, if it isnt then should be fine!!

GOOD LUCK!

Agree with you on the Rebranding predictions completely!! I'm more confident on Rebranding whereas Crowded Coasts is awful for me! Hopefully it won't be something too horrible like sustainability schemes!
Yeah, can never know with Edexcel :frown: Hope C1 wasn't too bad for you this morning!! (I know it was terrible, WHAT EVEN WERE THE LAST 2 QUESTIONS?!)
Original post by angelscity
Agree with you on the Rebranding predictions completely!! I'm more confident on Rebranding whereas Crowded Coasts is awful for me! Hopefully it won't be something too horrible like sustainability schemes!
Yeah, can never know with Edexcel :frown: Hope C1 wasn't too bad for you this morning!! (I know it was terrible, WHAT EVEN WERE THE LAST 2 QUESTIONS?!)

I completely agree, rebranding is usually fine, crowded coasts is a pain, i haven't really revised enough for Unit 2.. so should be fun!

Yeah C1 was slightly challenging wasn't it haha, yeah that question 10 was a joke man, what about John's highly affluent uncle, not too bad birthday money for a 27 year old eh?! oh well, moving on swiftly to Unit 2 on Friday and C2 next week! Can't wait to finish exams, only just started but v stressful!
I completely agree, rebranding is usually fine, crowded coasts is a pain, i haven't really revised enough for Unit 2.. so should be fun!

Yeah C1 was slightly challenging wasn't it haha, yeah that question 10 was a joke man, what about John's highly affluent uncle, not too bad birthday money for a 27 year old eh?! oh well, moving on swiftly to Unit 2 on Friday and C2 next week! Can't wait to finish exams, only just started but v stressful!

lol same, focussed more on unit 1 since it's worth more!
yeah it wasn't the best, omg all those questions were so ridiculous lmao!! yeah I've only got geog unit 2 left this week and then next week it's C2, bio & chem! Then we have half term thank godddddd! Decision maths is on the 17th june so I've got ages til I finish ughhhh
out of interest guys,

what fieldwork and research would you put for examining the success of coastal defences-

all i got so far:

FW- bipolar evaluation/geotagging/interviews/photos
R- Digimaps (GIS)/ newspapers/ old photos/ look at what ICZM/SMP in place perhaps

really struggling to think of any more for research ( I know we only need like max 3- but not sure they are best ones- they might be who knows!)

lets be honest, I am going to make up my results, what is the point in memorising statistics from results when examiner has no clue

merci
Original post by angelscity
lol same, focussed more on unit 1 since it's worth more!
yeah it wasn't the best, omg all those questions were so ridiculous lmao!! yeah I've only got geog unit 2 left this week and then next week it's C2, bio & chem! Then we have half term thank godddddd! Decision maths is on the 17th june so I've got ages til I finish ughhhh

Well what a coincidence, I also have C2, Chemistry and Biology next week!! fun times. Although I have Statistics 1 instead of Decision maths, on 15th june, so I get the luxury of finishing 2 days earlier
Well what a coincidence, I also have C2, Chemistry and Biology next week!! fun times. Although I have Statistics 1 instead of Decision maths, on 15th june, so I get the luxury of finishing 2 days earlier

Oooh nice! Ah right, luckier than me! Good luck with it all!
Original post by DiliChu
Crowded Coasts
Physical & Human factors
Sustainable Coastal Management
Coastal risk & erosion
Coastal Development
Flooding
Land use
Coastal resorts

Rebranding
Sustainable cities
Rural areas
Presentation & Analysis of Rural/Urban areas
Reimaging/Regenerating
Catalysts
Reasons for rebranding
Success/Failures of Rebranding schemes
Rebranding strategies

Do you have a case study for sustainable cities or what does this entail? I don't think we have done these

CROWDED COASTS:

REBRANDING:

Hope this helps,

GOOD LUCK!

Do you think we'll get a choice of an urban or a rural area for the fieldwork because I swear that's the case but my teacher told me we might not get a choice
Original post by AstridElise
Do you think we'll get a choice of an urban or a rural area for the fieldwork because I swear that's the case but my teacher told me we might not get a choice

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4093843&page=2&p=64944315#post64944315
WAIT MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES IS HARD/SOFT ENGINEERING RIGHT???
Didn't that come up last year?
My friend is retaking AS this year and apparently hard/soft came up last year....
Guys what do u even say for analyze and present????? Like Fml I have no clue pls someone help me

maybe, depends on whether the 10 mark question is on rural rebranding, if it is then it will likely be just urban
Reply 19

Most of the time you do have a choice but if they want to they can just choose one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending