The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mali473
Edexcel gold papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are always 4 gold papers which consist of the hardest questions over previous years. Theres also bronze and silver.
Here's the ones for C2:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c2-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/
Original post by 4nonymous
Same I gotta prepare for those too. Are you doing OCR new spec? If so A or B? Im doing A

I'm doing edexcel!! Heard the OCR C1 paper was rough, so I'm not complaining :u: and yup those papers are great; saves you time so you don't have to practice all the easier ones
Original post by 4nonymous
Same I gotta prepare for those too. Are you doing OCR new spec? If so A or B? Im doing A

I'm doing A too for Bio

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many people in here, are in AS?
Are you guys not practicing the normal past papers as well as the gold papers etc?
Does anyone have the link to the January 2016 Edexcel IAL paper for C12?
Original post by Imjustaloner
I decided to make an new thread, purely focused on C2, I'm sick and tired of seeing everyone talk about C1, which is done and over with. I want to focus on c2, so I've made a new thread to help others! Feel free to input Whatever you like, but not C1! Thank you!

Thank you I absolutely :heart: you for making this thread and I feel the same.

Everyone is obsessing over what they got and predicting the grade boundaries.
As long as you did your best that's all the matters and you should just focus on looking forward at whats to come I.e rest of your exams than worrying about what you wrote since you can't change it. :dontknow: :sigh: :moon:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to C2 exam I'm hoping as long as the circles question is really simple similar to last year then I should be able to come out with 100% ums, which is a necessity after my C1 exam.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Thank you I absolutely :heart: you for making this thread and I feel the same.

Everyone is obsessing over what they got and predicting the grade boundaries.
As long as you did your best that's all the matters and you should just focus on looking forward at whats to come I.e rest of your exams than worrying about what you wrote since you can't change it. :dontknow: :sigh: :moon:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to C2 exam I'm hoping as long as the circles question is really simple similar to last year then I should be able to come out with 100% ums, which is a necessity after my C1 exam.

Thank you so much! At least people share the same view!! Let's just make sure at we focus, not stress, or overthink!
Don't forget to change your calculators to Radians and back to Degrees again next week :wink:
I've got 3 exams next week, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday :frown: I'm certainly not looking forward to any of them exams. My main problem is I spend too much time revising psychology when its the subject im dropping.. Need to get some serious revision over the next few days and hopefully the c2 paper is kinder than the c1
Original post by jessyjellytot14

Just go through the Physicsmathstutor model answers but don't scroll down to the answers :lol:

I'm revising all of C2 in about 4 days up to Saturday night, which leaves me Sunday+Monday+Tuesday = x3 past papers/day = x9 past papers in total.
^ Regular Edexcel past papers: Jan 2012, June 2012, Jan 2013, June 2013, June 14, June 15.

Edexcel IAL past papers: June 15 IAL, Jan 2016 IAL.

+ x1 Madasmaths hardest difficulty exam paper.

I need to to get 100% in C2 as badly as I need to get 90% in C3 + C4 (ideally I want 95%+ in C3/C4)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by not_lucas1
I've got 3 exams next week, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday :frown: I'm certainly not looking forward to any of them exams. My main problem is I spend too much time revising psychology when its the subject im dropping.. Need to get some serious revision over the next few days and hopefully the c2 paper is kinder than the c1

I feel you! I have economics on monday, Maths on Wednesday, biology on Thursday and chemistry on Friday. It's gonna be hell week for me :frown:
Original post by rosemondtan
I feel you! I have economics on monday, Maths on Wednesday, biology on Thursday and chemistry on Friday. It's gonna be hell week for me :frown:

I've got physics, maths and Chem... I feel you all!!! 😭😭😭
Original post by jessyjellytot14

JAN 2016 IAL papers
http://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.com/p/edexcel-january-2016-exam-materials.html
A few questions:

Spoiler

Original post by Imjustaloner
Are you guys not practicing the normal past papers as well as the gold papers etc?

I finished all the normal past papers, but going to do the IALs and solomon now
Eugh,

I have Economics Monday, Business Tuesday and Maths C2 Wednesday 😑😑😑

What's the point.
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
A few questions:

Spoiler

I think it'll be harder than last year for sure, given that they're nearing the end of this specification and plus last year's paper wasn't particularly hard. Also, as far as topics go, you can't rely on previous formats (as the C1 paper shows). Although, if nothing's changed, it'll probably be a big mark surface area/volume question and integration question. Since those two almost always seem to show up
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
A few questions:

Spoiler

I think integration is gonna be big...
Original post by Benja1998
Eugh,

I have Economics Monday, Business Tuesday and Maths C2 Wednesday 😑😑😑

What's the point.

Which exam board for economics?

Quick Reply

Latest