The Student Room Group

Why do leftists love Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
Why? Where does this "beliefs of some" come from?

Look at pretty much every single ****ing majority Muslim country in the world and you will see that it discriminates, on the grounds of religion, against certain groups of people, in particular women and gays.

Stop promoting this lie that only a few hold these views. These are wide spread. And that is the problem. Stop living in denial. Europe is going to turn into a **** hole if millions of these people come and don't find jobs and sit around all day hating life and living out what old Muhammed told them is acceptable.

Not all Muslim countries treat Women badly , Turkey has more female head of states than any another lol
Original post by inhuman
That one should kill infidel and gays. That women are inferior. And much more

Who are you to say that their interpretation is wrong? It's not like they are in the minority (the suicide bombers may be, but those holding discriminatory beliefs).

And exactly, your view. But if it is your view, you can't be a Muslim. You shouldn't have your own view. Your view should be that of God, as written down by his prophet.

Actually no. Being a Muslim doesn't mean you are not entitled to your own view, it just means you believe along the lines of the Koran and his prophet's teachings (the sunnah). I am not saying their interpretation is wrong. I am saying no-one can know what God actually means. I mean people who behead people, and bomb and kill people are wrong and horrible.
It may say you should kill gays, but my morals say that you shouldn't, people can live their life how they choose. Killing people for who they are is wrong. I know it may not be that of which the Koran teaches, but it is MY view.:smile:
Reply 63
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Not all Muslim countries treat Women badly , Turkey has more female head of states than any another lol

And yet she couldn't walk around in hotpants, could she. Lest she force men to molest her and bring shame upon her family.
Reply 64
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
It may say you should kill gays, but my morals say that you shouldn't, people can live their life how they choose. Killing people for who they are is wrong. I know it may not be that of which the Koran teaches, but it is MY view.:smile:

And that is why I am not criticizing Muslims, but Islam.

Because I know there are people like you out here who would have no problem fitting in with our norms and values while being a practicing Muslim.

But the fact remains that a disproportionate number of people who call themselves Muslims hold views that are incompatible with our ideas of liberty and equality. And that is in large part due to the ideology they have followed since birth.
Islam is a religion of peace. If you want to insult the followers of this religion, then do it elsewhere, and to those how believe in such extremist ideas. Thank You.
Original post by inhuman
And yet she couldn't walk around in hotpants, could she. Lest she force men to molest her and bring shame upon her family.

She wore whatever she wanted to.
Here are some quotes from the Prophet regarding ISIS:
1,400 years ago, Muhammad prophesized that a time would come when nothing would remain of Islam but its name, nothing of the Quran but its word, and that many "Mosques would be splendidly furnished but destitute of guidance". In these latter days, the true spiritual essence of Islam would be lost, and religion, for the most part, would be reduced to a ritualistic compulsion. He foretold that the clergy would be corrupt and be a source of strife during these times.He also went on to describe terrorist groups such as ISIS that would try to hijack the Islamic faith. At this time of dissension, he said there would appear "a group of young people who would be immature in thought and foolish." They would speak beautiful words but commit the most heinous of deeds. They would engage in so much prayer and fasting that the worship of the Muslims would appear insignificant in comparison. They would call people to the Quran but would have nothing to do with it in reality. "The Quran would not go beyond their throats", meaning they wouldn't understand its essence at all, merely regurgitating it selectively. The Prophet then went on to describe these people as "the worst of the creation."As if this outline wasn't clear enough, another tradition in the book Kitaab Al Fitan reported by Caliph Ali, the fourth successor to Prophet Muhammad, describes these people as having long hair and bearing black flags. Their "hearts will be hard as iron," and they would be the companions of a State (Ashab ul Dawla). Interestingly, ISIS refers to itself as the Islamic State or Dawla. The tradition further mentions that they will break their covenants, not speak the truth and have names that mention their cities. The ISIS caliph, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, comes to mind.Prophet Muhammad furiously and painfully described these evildoers, and admonished Muslims to beware of their evil and fight it. "Whoever fights them is better to Allah than them," he proclaimed.

I've also found this:
"If you see the black flags *, then remain on the ground and do not move a hand or a leg.
A group of feeble folk to whom no concern is given will then appear - their hearts are like iron [1].
They are the owners of the state [2].
They fulfill neither a contract nor a covenant [3].
They call to the truth, but they are not its people [4].
Their names are a kuniya and their lineage (surnames) are a town [5].
Their hair is unwinding, like the hair of a women [6].(i've seen this a lot in ISIS members)
(Do this) until they differ in it between themselves, then Allah will give the right to whomever HE desires."Prophet Muhammad, as narrated by Ali ibn abi Talib, in the collection Kitaab Al Fitan by Nu’am bin Hammad, Hadith # 557
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
Why do they love Islam so much that they shrug their shoulders when its followers rape women in the street? Why do they have the attitude of "it's just their culture man" when Muslims behead gays? Just wondering. Why is it OK for Muslims to act like this but it's not OK for non-Muslims to wear shirts with naughty cartoon pictures of ladies on it?

Most people on the left tend to be atheists. Therefore 'loving Islam' is pretty much the last thing they would do.

Not many people of any political persuasion 'shrug their shoulders' at criminality. It's just in your mad little world of left-hate that you imagine this is something we do.

My advice to you is to get some early nights, eat less red meat and avoid the Sun, Daily Mail and EDL websites for some time.
Original post by inhuman
And that is why I am not criticizing Muslims, but Islam.

Because I know there are people like you out here who would have no problem fitting in with our norms and values while being a practicing Muslim.

But the fact remains that a disproportionate number of people who call themselves Muslims hold views that are incompatible with our ideas of liberty and equality. And that is in large part due to the ideology they have followed since birth.

Thanks for the compliment, and to be honest, I may be Muslim, I admit I am not exactly practising but the extremist side to Islam is just not right. I am totally against this, and I think that it is important to spread awareness about such issues. It disgusts me how some Muslims have caused the media to portray Islam in such a bad way, when it the odd few here and there who are so horrible. It's honestly insulting. But thank you for your kind words, I understand where your coming from. :smile:
I respect all religions, races, and cultures, big or small, minor or major. They have their own unique beliefs and they are all very special. I, on behalf of all the followers of Islam, give you a heartfelt apology regarding all the intolerant, extremist views, and the killing of innocent people. I condemn this, and it is horrifying to see such actions.
Sorry for this.
May peace and blessings be upon you all.
Love you as human beings. :h:
Original post by KingBradly
Why do they love Islam so much that they shrug their shoulders when its followers rape women in the street? Why do they have the attitude of "it's just their culture man" when Muslims behead gays? Just wondering. Why is it OK for Muslims to act like this but it's not OK for non-Muslims to wear shirts with naughty cartoon pictures of ladies on it?

Its funny how you make it sound as if over a billion of us Muslims do that you don't see me beheading a gay guy. your blinded by your ignorance and thinks its funny to ask dumb question. i understand some extremist would do that becuase they take the context of sharia in a wrong way. if a women is raped and you see someone shrugs their shoulders when you tell them about it slap them across the face and tell them that Islam teaches us to respect women after all " Jannah (heaven) lies under your mother feet" and a whole chapter of the Quran (holy book) is dedicated to a women i.e Surah Maryam. therefore please dont ask dumb questions like that for your and other people amusement as some in fact all muslims will take offence off it
Reply 73
Original post by inhuman
If you dismiss these factors then you might as well dismiss any sort of theory that is not scientifically provable.

Hardly. I'm happy to acceot things that are able to be statistically proven to an appriapriate degree of confidence. This is not one of those things.
Original post by godofwine
I don't think it's right to generalize a group of people like you've done. Most muslims are peaceful and don't behave like that.

uh, no: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

REDPILLED MUCH?!?!?!
Reply 75
Original post by TSR Mustafa
She wore whatever she wanted to.

Perfect excuse, brainwash from a young age and create societal pressure and of course no one "wants to" wear something else.
Reply 76
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Thanks for the compliment, and to be honest, I may be Muslim, I admit I am not exactly practising but the extremist side to Islam is just not right. I am totally against this, and I think that it is important to spread awareness about such issues. It disgusts me how some Muslims have caused the media to portray Islam in such a bad way, when it the odd few here and there who are so horrible. It's honestly insulting. But thank you for your kind words, I understand where your coming from. :smile:

No, thank you :smile:
Original post by inhuman
No, thank you :smile:

Sorry about all this horrible extremism, on behalf of all believers, and may God grant you success and peace. Talk to you tomorow, maybe :smile:

BTW, The website, is banned in my country(islamic country). The website is run by anti-islamists who propagate these false matters and thus is banned by the government. Every body knows about this site.
Reply 79
Original post by shakeebshams
BTW, The website, is banned in my country(islamic country). The website is run by anti-islamists who propagate these false matters and thus is banned by the government. Every body knows about this site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending