The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techfan42
I think it'll be harder than last year for sure, given that they're nearing the end of this specification and plus last year's paper wasn't particularly hard. Also, as far as topics go, you can't rely on previous formats (as the C1 paper shows). Although, if nothing's changed, it'll probably be a big mark surface area/volume question and integration question. Since those two almost always seem to show up

Cool. So we should focus on everything that didn't come up last year besides integration.

So what would an A grade be?

:frown: I made so many silly mistakes because I didn't have time to check over my answers due to question 6.
Does anybody think optimization will come up on Wednesday? :erm:

I'm fine with optimization though I swear if the circles question is a bit dodgy ... someone is going to get hurt. :dumbells:
Original post by techfan42
I think it'll be harder than last year for sure, given that they're nearing the end of this specification and plus last year's paper wasn't particularly hard. Also, as far as topics go, you can't rely on previous formats (as the C1 paper shows). Although, if nothing's changed, it'll probably be a big mark surface area/volume question and integration question. Since those two almost always seem to show up

I did C2 last year ... and most of the people I know at the time found it difficult ... looking back it was really simple but judging off of that paper these are what I feel each topic will be this year.

1. Factors - Same **** ... maybe the type where you have to solve for a and b again.
2. Binomial expansion - Usual ... but I reckon it'll be the type where you have something like (1+kx)^8 where one coefficient is double or three time more than another and you have to find k. Pretty basic still.
3.Integration - I gurantee you there will be a trapezium rule question, maybe an integration under the curve where the area is bounded by a line.
4. CIRCLES - Honestly, I'm a bit on edge thinking how easy the circles question was last year, I've got a really bad feeling about this topic in the exam and the possible hard questions they could throw.
5. Trig - Basic solve between boundaries 7 marker
6. Radians, again usual **** with area of sector, maybe even segment. Maybe the question is, here is Johns uncles forhead made of gold, find the length of the arc. ;P
7. Geometric - I think will be bog standard, not as hard as last years even though last year isn't too bad.
8. Logarithms - Maybe a log with fractions ;P idk tbh
9. Differentiation - Make sure you know the basic areas and volumes. Cylinder, cone, cuboid etc. It'll either be a decreasing turning point basic differentiation question or and .. here is cuboid showing Johns uncles stacks of money. Show that y = ...... therefore show that A = ....
:smile:
If anyone needs any help, even if it may seem like a stupid question, just ask ...
Original post by rosemondtan
Are you doing the AS new spec exams?

I'm taking the new spec edexcel physics exam on tuesday, really dreading it after trying the sample assessment paper
Original post by TheMathsMan
If anyone needs any help, even if it may seem like a stupid question, just ask ...

You're so kind : ' )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyduff1998
I'm taking the new spec edexcel physics exam on tuesday, really dreading it after trying the sample assessment paper

Same same same!!! Totally dreading it,you doing AQA?
Original post by Imjustaloner

are you doing old spec physics unit 1 aqa?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Does anybody think optimization will come up on Wednesday? :erm:

I'm fine with optimization though I swear if the circles question is a bit dodgy ... someone is going to get hurt. :dumbells:

Is it just me that has no idea what optimization is?

That's like me for chem haha well 3 specimen papers were pretty good then the last one was like WHOA WHAT HAPPENED and my teacher compiled a shitload of tough questions just to make me feel better :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Is it just me that has no idea what optimization is?

Nah, what is that??
Anyone know a hard solomon paper?
Original post by Exams987
are you doing old spec physics unit 1 aqa?

No I'm doing the new spec? Are you?

nah, I'm on the new Edexcel paper
No I'm doing the new spec? Are you?

good luck, i am doing the old spec
Original post by rosemondtan
Nah, what is that??

I don't know, never heard of it so now I'm panicking!

I don't know what it is, put it might be c3/ c4, which is not discussed in this thread!
Original post by mali473
You're so kind : ' )

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can be rude if you want ... you know .. if it's not normal :biggrin: :smile:
Anyone know what optimization is and want to explain??

its differentiation,

Quick Reply

Latest