The Student Room Group

keratosis pilaris/ chicken skin - solution?

So I've had Keratosis pilaris (my friends call it chicken skin) since I was extremely young but only now am I getting self conscious about it. I'm wearing a dress with sleeves to prom because the back of my arms look so ugly- it's so severe that at times (when Im cold usually) my arms literally look purple. Couldn't find an online image which is as bad as my situation but this is the closest I could get

Spoiler

any solutions? Apparently it can't be eradicated completely just reduced. I've tried the whole exfoliation and moisturisation routine but that doesn't cut it really- I'm looking for miracles here :lol:

thx and pls dont be mean
Reply 1
Hi, I have that same thing on the back of my arms too so I know how you feel! I always avoid showing my arms too much which is kind of annoying since summer's on the way! I used to have it on my legs too but since moving to the UK for uni it's gone down. Don't know why that worked for the legs and not the arms... My mum's always said it's due to a combination of the skin not breathing and stress. I haven't found a definitive solution but I find that it's less obvious after lightly exfoliating and putting on some avène akérat body cream (recommended by my dermatologist).

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by amyjp
Hi, I have that same thing on the back of my arms too so I know how you feel! I always avoid showing my arms too much which is kind of annoying since summer's on the way! I used to have it on my legs too but since moving to the UK for uni it's gone down. Don't know why that worked for the legs and not the arms... My mum's always said it's due to a combination of the skin not breathing and stress. I haven't found a definitive solution but I find that it's less obvious after lightly exfoliating and putting on some avène akérat body cream (recommended by my dermatologist).

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you! I haven't tried this. Does it help to remove the red pigmentation?
Reply 3
Not a 100%, it makes the skin a lot smoother and it does subdue the colour but not completely. I can easily get away with it cause I have a few freckles there and they blend in, but there's still visible of you look closely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending