The Student Room Group

ECON 1 AQA AS level resit May 16th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeccaJohn
do you have the answers for all the multiple choice questions?

Only my own answers.
Reply 61
Original post by Middriver
Only my own answers.

Do you have the questions though?? Like the sheet or pictures of the sheet of the multi choice questions?
Original post by JCB97LAW
Do you have the questions though?? Like the sheet or pictures of the sheet of the multi choice questions?

Yes.
Reply 63
Yes.

Please would you be able to post them? I am begging you.. I am so desperate to see if i can work out how well i did, the teacher at my school won't let us see the paper, please please, does take a picture of each double sided page and it would be like 4/5 pics max....
Reply 64
Yes.

Send it my g
Yes.

Please can you send it to me as well!
Reply 66
Can somebody post it onto here please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
for one of the multiple choice questions i crossed out one answer and filled in the circle of the right answer , was that the right thing to do??
Only my own answers.

Can you post what answers you got?
Context two 12 marker:
i gave the formula for elasticity of supply which shud be two marks as a definition then i got 1.9 for calculation probs 3 marks
Then my point tho was that it depends on number of subsitutes in the market and then Went on to say how if theres fewer substitutes itll be more inelastic as with few firms in the market a decrease in price will lead to a less than proportionate fall in supply. I then said if theres are more substitutes supply will be more elastic and ended it there cause i ran out of time.
Would i only be roughly 5 or 6 marks for this question?
Original post by AboutAWeekAgo
Context two 12 marker:
i gave the formula for elasticity of supply which shud be two marks as a definition then i got 1.9 for calculation probs 3 marks
Then my point tho was that it depends on number of subsitutes in the market and then Went on to say how if theres fewer substitutes itll be more inelastic as with few firms in the market a decrease in price will lead to a less than proportionate fall in supply. I then said if theres are more substitutes supply will be more elastic and ended it there cause i ran out of time.
Would i only be roughly 5 or 6 marks for this question?

I got 1.9 too i reckon if you put the defition of PES as well as the formula, workings out and right answer i think thats around 5 marks, plus a determinate of pes which i spoke about subs and spare capacity although i did struggle
Examiners' Report June 2015:
" it is worth pointing out that students should carefully read the questionto ensure they answer the question set. Frequently, when asked to evaluate the case for andagainst government intervention for example, students instead evaluated different policies whichmight be used to correct the market failure. This year was no different, and for both questions, butparticularly for Part 04, a number of students merely evaluated different policies. In addition,students should remember that before they evaluate, they must first analyse, ie provide somerelevant economic theory from which to build their evaluation. The students should also ensurethat their theory is applied appropriately to the context in the question, and that the answerincludes explicit reference to the data. This section of the examination paper is entitled ‘DataResponse’, and students are expected to respond to the issues posed in the data. No matter howrigorous the analysis, it is not sufficient (in terms of achieving a level 5 mark) to provide purelytheoretical answers. It is good practice to evaluate each argument as it is introduced into theanswer, as well as providing an overall conclusion. Students should be reminded that the ‘essay’questions provide them with the ideal opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of economicsand their ability to think like an economist. It is also the only opportunity they have to demonstratetheir evaluation skills. They really should make the most of these opportunities."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending