The Student Room Group

19th May 2016 - OCR 21st Century Science C1 C2 C3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thatonepunkguy
Do you have the mark scheme for higher? I'm going to try this paper.

It's attached
Guys apparently Fractional Distillation is going to be in C2 Material Choices.
Notes Attached.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by justmeds
Guys apparently Fractional Distillation is going to be in C2 Material Choices.
Notes Attached.

Hope so
Reply 63
Anyone got any ways of last minute revising? I'm struggling with just reading over notes and revision guides :frown:
Hey guys could someone explain, salt formation, the health concerns with plasticicers and what Dh and Defra are?? thanks xxx
Reply 65
Original post by Ella_08
Guys, I thought it would be best to make a thread, so we can do the same thing as B123 (by MezmorisedPotato). I predict crude oil, maybe a bit on acid rain and salt and health. I really hope alkalis don't come up for the 6 marker. Share your predictions! :smile:

Most teachers think the LeBlanc process will come up as a 6 marker as it always comes up but hasn't come up as a 6 marker yet.
Original post by Usmaan345
What would you put of crude oil came as a six mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

crude is a mixture of hydrocarbons (explain what a hydrocarbon is)probably points about fractional distillation; explain fractional distilliationcrude is useless the way it is; u need to use fractional distillation to get usefull hydrocarbons that are usefull (e.g petrol)
Original post by Xoxmuffinxox
Most teachers think the LeBlanc process will come up as a 6 marker as it always comes up but hasn't come up as a 6 marker yet.

Lol I know!! I guessed that myself :wink: just did some really quick last minute revision, so now I get it.. sorta. Good luck everyone, going to sleep now so I can get up early tomorrow
Good luck every one. Don't overdo it! Get some sleep and stop revising last minute, it wont help. whatever you have done is done. have a good night sleep and get ready for the exam. Its all data interpretation anyways. Cya all later tommorow after the exam!
Good luck today everyone!
I found a leaked paper guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning all and good luck :smile:
Good luck to everyone! We can do it :wink:
good luck judging by bio exam who knows what will come in chem! watch the news
Original post by Usmaan345
I found a leaked paper guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you haven't....
Reply 77
Omg good luck everyone for today!! I'm still not that good at chemistry but let's see how it goes!🎉
So everyone how was it? Sorry I kinda dropped out of convo yesterday pretty quickly, my computer decided it was a good time to update :frown:
I thought it was quite good overall, but there seemed to be lots of longer 3/4mk questions as well as the 3 6 markers?
@lalafirmstone Liked the crude oil 4 mark and drawing the molecules!

Didn't like the invigilator so much...

Quick Reply

Latest