The Student Room Group

Ocr latin language tomorrow 17/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by beans2015
Our teacher looked at the paper and he said it was the easiest paper 1 we've had :/. he's also an examiner and he said that he predics 55 for a star, 49 for a and 42 for b. He's a bit harsh, but I don't know...

I think generally that for a star it's 54, 48 for an a etc... but if he thinks it's an easy paper they could well go up....:redface:
Original post by 14Abbott
Really? I know it was an easy paper but that is quite high!

Yeah, I was suprised loads. I did think it was easy though and there was another paper with 55 a star boundary and a and b similar?
Original post by beans2015
Our teacher looked at the paper and he said it was the easiest paper 1 we've had :/. he's also an examiner and he said that he predics 55 for a star, 49 for a and 42 for b. He's a bit harsh, but I don't know...

Tbh I am not that surprised about that, but it is high! I assume 100 UMS would be around full marks then?
Ok...oh dear
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Tbh I am not that surprised about that, but it is high! I assume 100 UMS would be around full marks then?

Yh I guess
Ok...oh dear

Tbh he is REALLY harsh so I wouldn't take it literally :smile: the highest he gave me in an 8 marker in literature was 4 and I'm predicted a star so...
Original post by queenlizzie100
Yeah, I also put "cruel plan".
Also did anybody else finish ridiculously early?? I still had half an hour left when I'd finished :/

Same! Paper 2 is probably going to be harder though :frown:

Also how did you all translate "ceteri iuvenes tamen, a me superati, necabuntur" ?

I think i screwed that sentence up a lot
Original post by FThisSI'mOut
Same! Paper 2 is probably going to be harder though :frown:

Also how did you all translate "ceteri iuvenes tamen, a me superati, necabuntur" ?

I think i screwed that sentence up a lot

I'm sure you were fine! I translated it as "However, if the other young men are overcome by me, they will be killed."

I think this was right but I'm not absolutely certain. :h::h:
Original post by Banana00
I'm sure you were fine! I translated it as "However, if the other young men are overcome by me, they will be killed."

Ugh I think I translated ceteri as many instead of others and I wrote "However many young men, having been overpowered by me, have been killed" No what was i thinking!!! How many marks do you think i'd lose for that?
Original post by FThisSI'mOut
Ugh I think I translated ceteri as many instead of others and I wrote "However many young men, having been overpowered by me, have been killed" No what was i thinking!!! How many marks do you think i'd lose for that?

Hmmm - other than 'ceteri', your vocabulary seems fine, but unfortunately I think that your grammar is incorrect. I'm not quite sure of how they mark the translation, but I should imagine that your sentence will lose you at least one mark; if not two. It's probably something like three or four marks for each sentence, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly how it works. :h::h:
Original post by Banana00

I put 'However the rest of the young men, having been overcome by me, will be killed.' I thought ceteri meant 'the rest of' and that 'superati' was the perfect participle in the plural form, as it is young men. I thought that was right but not sure now...
I put 'However the rest of the young men, having been overcome by me, will be killed.' I thought ceteri meant 'the rest of' and that 'superati' was the perfect participle in the plural form, as it is young men. I thought that was right but not sure now...

Your version sounds right; now I'm questioning mine! :h::h:

I pretty much put the same as you! But I put 'the other young men'. I think that's still right??
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
I pretty much put the same as you! But I put 'the other young men'. I think that's still right??

Yeh I think ceteri can mean either the rest of or other so you should be fine! 👍
Is 'poterit' future or future perfect? It looks like future perfect but is it irregular? In the exam future sounded right, 'if anyone will be able to run faster than I, I will marry them' but not sure
Is 'poterit' future or future perfect? It looks like future perfect but is it irregular? In the exam future sounded right, 'if anyone will be able to run faster than I, I will marry them' but not sure

I think it's future, but on the marchschemes they allow one 'minor grammatical error' per sentence without taking off marks, so translating it as future perfect would most likely not lose you the marks, I'd guess.

Also, language 2 tomorrow! I think I know all the vocab and a good amount of grammar, but paper 2s have always been much harder for me, so hopefully it's not impossibly difficult :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Empyreal
I think it's future, but on the marchschemes they allow one 'minor grammatical error' per sentence without taking off marks, so translating it as future perfect would most likely not lose you the marks, I'd guess.

Also, language 2 tomorrow! I think I know all the vocab and a good amount of grammar, but paper 2s have always been much harder for me, so hopefully it's not impossibly difficult :smile:

Yeh same, good luck! :smile:
Hi could anyone explain how UMS works to me? Thanks
ALSO, Anyone looking for vocab. Try my memrise course: http://www.memrise.com/course/485997/ocr-latin-gcse-higherfoundation-words/ It's really useful!!!! and anyone doing cicero, caesar and tacitus for prose on tuesday?????????????????????????????????????????
Reply 79
fff
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending