https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9F

And since you can't have known I live in Switzerland,

Well played :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by offhegoes
Well played :tongue:

Have a good night mate.
Original post by kdanalouise
Is this a good salary for my age? I live in London.

seeing as the avarage is about £30,000 it's a little short

Spoiler

Reply 43
Original post by J-SP
I'd say the same to you. Your rudeness also contributes to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People usually find those rude that show them their shortcomings. I'm ok with that.
Original post by J-SP
Where did you get the £30k figure from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

a book on entrepreneurship and marketing in london i was reading with facts and figure and that was published in 2009 with that figure that was virtually impossible to live in london for less than £27k and be doing good if you made £33k+ with £30k as a mid-point benchmark
Original post by J-SP
If you are talking about London, then the figure is about £35k these days. But that's the average for everyone in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

my stats come from a book from 2009 so i did expect an increase i know london guys on a couple of hundred grand a year to one that makes about £3,000,000 in a bad year and £10,000,000 in his best years
Original post by J-SP
That's the extremes of wealth and salary though. Very few will earn that in their lifetime let alone a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that what you have when you're paying mr depp
Reply 47
Original post by J-SP
You're proving my point - I'm ok with that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If speaking the truth offends you, that's your problem.
Reply 48
Original post by J-SP
It isn't truth just an opinion. And one I just don't agree with. Hiding behind passive aggressive remarks and sly put downs hardly shows any intelligence or elegance in debate. If any of your comments had either, I might have considered what you were saying more carefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not an opinion, it is fact.

And I have repeatedly tried to demonstrate that to you. You have repeatedly come up with the same excuses, desperately trying to not admit that you were wrong. So yea, the more bs you wrote, the more annoyed I got and dismissed you for what you are, a conceited muppet that can't admit when he is wrong. And now you have proven yourself to be a hypocrite. Go figure.
Original post by kdanalouise
Is this a good salary for my age? I live in London.

Yea unless you do something related to Banking, Law or Medicine I think your salary is above average for your age, most 24-year-olds don't even earn 22k especially if they haven't been to uni. And most people think the salaries in London are higher, well it's not a huge gap and again its mainly for Banking, Law and Medicine. I once had an interview for an entry-level web developer job in London and the salary was only £15,000
Reply 50
Original post by J-SP
One graph from Wikipedia hardly equates to a fact.

I don't think you demonstrated that very well and so I tried to show you my view on things, which just differs to yours. Resorting to the remarks you have makes your points have even less value. You think I'm a hypocrite, I think you are a troll. Let's leave it at that huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you really want me to post every single graph on the internet? How about you do a little googling yourself?

I have told you before, I do not even disagree with you per se. You are right, it is experience that matters, but that is hard to measure and hence age is used as a proxy often. In fact, I have done that myself as part of my university education.

You have completely ignored everything I said, just so you don't have to admit you were wrong. So yea, I have started to make comments dismissing you. And yes you are a hypocrite, I don't think so, I know so. Read your post, you accused me of being passive aggressive and using sly put downs and in the very same posts you do that yourself. That is hypocrisy.

And what I am a troll because I am calling you out on your inability to admit you were wrong? Nice. Last resort. You have no argument left other than saying whatever I say must be ignored because I am a troll.

Congratulations, you have reached the lowest level of posting.

Edit: you see the post just above this one? Can you see the difference in what that guy wrote and what you wrote? All I am saying the post above is much more appropriate to the OP's question than yours.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by J-SP
I have not ignored what you have said, I have just disagreed with it. I was clearly brought down to your level of posting on each occasion - I apologise to anyone else having to read this. Next time I'll just ignore it completely and focus on responding to people who ask for advice not berate it.

There is nothing to disagree with though. What I said is not opinion.

http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/ecskrb/wage.pdf

Top of page 4, "Age proxies labour market experience".

Or are you gonna say like one graph doesn't make fact say one research paper doesn't make fact? I'd have to link you how many, 5, 10, 100?

I apologize to anyone in your life that has to deal with your arrogance.

ps if you actually think that there is no correlation between age and wage, you are not only incredibly daft, but also contradicting yourself. You said experience matters. Well what does it take to gain experience. Time. What happens as time goes on? Oh no, your age goes up. Oh no. Diddums.

You're turning into such a joke it's actually getting amusing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by J-SP
I have never said there isn't a correlation between age and wage - my point is exactly what you have said. It is caused by experience not age itself. But we are going around in circles here and you are getting increasingly vile. So with that, I'll leave it here. I am sure I will get a predictable response from you anyway and with that I'll let you have the last word.

You did. You said one graph from wikipedia doesn't make fact.

And just when I thought you reached the lowest point. Leaving by pretending to take the high ground because you know you lost the argument. Woah. That's a first on TSR for me to witness.
Reply 53
J-SP 1 inhuman 0
Original post by J-SP
*snip*

Original post by inhuman
*snip*

You both done with the willy waving contest, or do you need a ruler to see who's biggest once and for all?

Original post by xylas
J-SP 1 inhuman 0

Yeah, not helping.

This is probably the definitive answer, if anyone can actual make heads or tails of anything on it: https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours

As far as i'm aware, age vs salary is not usually a figure that most people over 25 giving a flying crap about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by iainvg
You both done with the willy waving contest, or do you need a ruler to see who's biggest once and for all?

Yeah, not helping.

This is probably the definitive answer, if anyone can actual make heads or tails of anything on it: https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours

You do know it's not the size that matters but how you use it, right?
Reply 56
Original post by inhuman
You do know it's not the size that matters but how you use it, right?

Will you literally argue with anyone about anything?

Try being a bit more positive, you'll enjoy life more.
Reply 57
Original post by M1011
Will you literally argue with anyone about anything?

Try being a bit more positive, you'll enjoy life more.

You think anyone would take advice about enjoying life from someone who can't even tell a simple joke?
Reply 58
Original post by inhuman
You think anyone would take advice about enjoying life from someone who can't even tell a simple joke?

I feel like my point has been validated. Never mind... :facepalm2:
Reply 59
Original post by M1011
I feel like my point has been validated. Never mind... :facepalm2:

Awwww, I thought we could be friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending