Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exams987
good luck,

i have

product design , physics and maths

Good luck to you too!!

What physics exam are you doing? Im doing the new Edexcel spec
Anyone encountered any particularly scary questions? I haven't really, the hardest Solomon paper was fine, the gold paper was fine also, is there anything else that can be done?
Original post by rosemondtan
Anyone encountered any particularly scary questions? I haven't really, the hardest Solomon paper was fine, the gold paper was fine also, is there anything else that can be done?

Which Solomon paper is the hardest? I've still got to do a few
Reply 83
Original post by Imjustaloner
Why? I'm pretty sure, everyone in the thread has seen the c1 solution, and the whole point of this thread, is to move on and focus on exam... It's things like this we don't want in this thread. I've made it clear, in this thread, don't come here, from the c1 page, adding c1 solution, we are here for c2!!! Is it not obvious?

Calm down... seriously. You are nobody, just because you started a thread does mean anything. I thought I made it clear that I'm tired of hearing about C1 as well. But I thought I would put the C1 solutions here because someone might still not have seen it and will be super happy about it. So stop being an immature idiot and think before you write anything. Don't act smart.

I'm not starting an argument, you just pissed me off, and I'm not going to let this one go by.

If you are not going to reply with an immature reply again then,
good night. Have a nice evening.

If you are, take care.
Original post by Reda2
Calm down... seriously. You are nobody, just because you started a thread does mean anything. I thought I made it clear that I'm tired of hearing about C1 as well. But I thought I would put the C1 solutions here because someone might still not have seen it and will be super happy about it. So stop being an immature idiot and think before you write anything. Don't act smart.

I'm not starting an argument, you just pissed me off, and I'm not going to let this one go by.

If you are not going to reply with an immature reply again then,
good night. Have a nice evening.

If you are, take care.

What I meant to say you little brat, is how frustrating it is to see the c1 paper solution, I did make it clear on the last page , the original edexcel post, how it was annoying it is to see the c1 solution, and an load of people bragging their marks etc. Me personally I don't like bragging and don't see the point, so, I didn't say anything and I won't do, so the whole purpose of this thread is to allow people to focus on the next exam and not dwell on the last paper. I apologise if I seem to be quite arrogant and rude, but I don't see no point, I'm pretty sure the people here, have seen it, and is sick of hearing what people have got. I'm pretty sure your not an idiot either, if you've taken maths, I have respect for you, but there was no need for this post. I just thought you were the c1 trolls, bringing trouble on this page.
All I was trying to do, was Care for the people who want to do better in c2, and escape the c1 trolls, obviously now I see that you are not. But I don't see the point in this going further. We all still emotional from that exam, which is still raw to talk about, and I would much prefer if was just focused on c2 and other exams,
Utter apologises if I sounded like a dick, but that's how I am, I'm quite honest and blanant in general as a human.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys is any one has edexcel C2 specimen paper for 2016, if you have can you send please.

Thanks☺️

http://www.madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_c2_practice_papers.html

They have C2 papers that make Solomon look easy

Papers A to R have standard difficulty with later papers usually more difficult.Papers S and T are extremely hard.Papers U to Z are hard.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AstarAstarA
http://www.madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_c2_practice_papers.html

They have C2 papers that make Solomon look easy

Papers A to R have standard difficulty with later papers usually more difficult.Papers S and T are extremely hard.Papers U to Z are hard.

Thanks!! That was really helpful :smile:
Thanks!! That was really helpful :smile:

Good luck
What is the best way to learn certain topics in C2 such as trig identities and graphs??? I practically dont know half the stuff on C2 so im pretty much failing :frown:
Original post by mm_7
What is the best way to learn certain topics in C2 such as trig identities and graphs??? I practically dont know half the stuff on C2 so im pretty much failing :frown:

Read the C2 chapters on those topics, copy out the worked through examples and then do ALL of the exercises

Then do page 7 onwards (for trig identities and graphs):

https://d8c682d8ee1f0383608c6e532905930eb0934cb4.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYU3g3Tk5qUmtaWEk/C2%20Trigonometry%20-%20Questions.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mm_7

ExamSolutions have a Youtube channel which is pretty great for C2 topics. He explains the concepts and goes through examples with you :smile:
Original post by lucyduff1998
Anyone know what optimization is and want to explain??

Its differentiation in the context of a practical application I.e using shapes and differentiating volume/surface area etc.
Reply 93
Anyone know what happens if you fail c1 and c2 but pass s1, can you still resit c1 and c2 whilst doing the new cores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Expecting the harder topics to appear in the paper (eg binomial expansions, trigonometry, etc) :smile:

I thino binomeal expansions are as nice as trapeisum rules becsuse in c2 atleast your just subbibg into that (a+b)^n formula right?
Original post by stormyy
Anyone know what happens if you fail c1 and c2 but pass s1, can you still resit c1 and c2 whilst doing the new cores

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what overall grade you receive. You need an E or above for the general AS Level to carry it on to A2.

Speaking of this:

I genuinely think my C1 exam went pretty bad. This is the annoying part, I revised a LOT. I did a lot of work but the problem with me is: time management.

From the beginning to about question 7-8 give or take one-two sub-questions, I was pretty confident and happy. After this, especially that easy simultaneous equation question, my brain became cabbage and I was making really stupid errors.

My point being: If I got like a D (or if a miracle happens, a C) in C1, but hopefully if I do good at C2 and S1 with let's say a B for now (keeping it realistic). Would I round off the year with a C+ or maybe even a B-?

Cheers.
can someone tell me the hardest c2 edexcel exam that isnt IAL
Original post by debs20153
can someone tell me the hardest c2 edexcel exam that isnt IAL

According to statistics, January 2010 and June 2009 were monsters, A grade boundaries dropped around 7 marks and it was 68 and 69 for 100 UMS respectively.

January 2010:
https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/January%202010%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf

June 2009:
https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/June%202009%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf
Check the madasmaths papers they're reasonably hard and will develop your critical thinking.
I just noticed this was in >A-Levels rather than >Maths Exams

Any chance we could get it moved over? @Puddles the Monkey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending