The Student Room Group

im a 17 year old female who is dating a 31 year old female

i have been seeing this 31 year old woman now for about 2 and half months. We've met twice and we just really click, we are honest with each other, give each other advice and just make each other smile. Ive been open about it all to my mum and she really doesnt support this due to the age gap which me and the woman ive been dating do understand as this was a problem for the woman! My mum wants me to not see her anymore and really doesnt agree with this. What should i do? is it really that wrong that im happy and can see past the age? please chuck any advice towards this way.. good or bad.

thanks

Scroll to see replies

I think the age gap is too big personally. Just be careful.
Reply 2
she'd have been 14 when you was born. let that sink in for a bit...
Reply 3
You'll probably dump her in few years, if not months. That's what people usually do with such a big age gap.

So its up to you whether you want to carry on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
i have been seeing this 31 year old woman now for about 2 and half months. We've met twice and we just really click, we are honest with each other, give each other advice and just make each other smile. Ive been open about it all to my mum and she really doesnt support this due to the age gap which me and the woman ive been dating do understand as this was a problem for the woman! My mum wants me to not see her anymore and really doesnt agree with this. What should i do? is it really that wrong that im happy and can see past the age? please chuck any advice towards this way.. good or bad.

thanks

Older people often fancy much younger people (sometimes harmfully so) and you have to consider that. Much older people aren't always completely honest about their motives when that's going on. She is much more experienced than you and will find it easy (without wishing to sound mean about it) to trick you into thinking it's an equal, friendly, honest relationship, when it might not be.

We don't know her, or you, but it's wise to be cautious. I'm hetero and when much older men are interested in me, I feel a little flattered and impressed and can look up to them, which is all very nice, but also I've found in the past that men like that sometimes want to just use me. It can be the same (I've heard from gay friends) with lesbian relationships.
Reply 5
I personally find it weird, but as I would say to anybody - you do you, just be careful.
That's like me dating a 5 year old :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by bomber321
personally i have dated many men in my life time but u r lesbian so go to hell bitch its people like you trhat make this world full of black people they are the worst stealing eating licking ****ing tucking any way i refer you to my brudda bomber 123 very large penis cant feel my bum any more

How does your mind work?
What are your expectations of the relationship?

thanks

you should do whatever you want you are above the age of consent do what makes you happy
Original post by shawtyb

And your point is? My dad was 18 when my mom was born, they have been happily married for 22 years and the world hasn't fallen apart.

OP, don't care about the naysayers, you are only a few months short of being a legal adult anyway, it's not a big deal. Well, it might be for other people, but you are the one in this relationship so others' opinions shouldn't matter. Age doesn't matter if you love each other. And you are over 16 so it's all legal anyway. I don't see a problem here. Just have fun with your GF and see how things go. If you find that the age gap is too big/you have different priorities, etc, that's not the end of the world either, at least you will have gained experience and move on :smile: Or you may be married to her with 5 kids a decade on, who knows. You never know until you try. :h:
Original post by Namita Gurung
That's like me dating a 5 year old :s-smilie:
:lol: not quite love... (not at all)
Pedophilia = sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children, aka those under the age of 13. Last time I checked OP was gonna be a legal adult in a few months time.

thanks

no mate, if the gine is top quality then carry on. ignore your mum they dont know anything anyway, mongs.
Original post by shawtyb

I read that sentence looked and your profile picture and :laugh:

10/10! :top:
Reply 15
basically rape
Original post by celloel
I personally find it weird, but as I would say to anybody - you do you, just be careful.

This

thanks

not trying to be mean or anything but if you spend your life with this women, well shes... going to reach the average human age for death 14 years before you do. You never know when you are going to die but they are going to be some very lonely years.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Older people often fancy much younger people (sometimes harmfully so) and you have to consider that. Much older people aren't always completely honest about their motives when that's going on. She is much more experienced than you and will find it easy (without wishing to sound mean about it) to trick you into thinking it's an equal, friendly, honest relationship, when it might not be.

We don't know her, or you, but it's wise to be cautious. I'm hetero and when much older men are interested in me, I feel a little flattered and impressed and can look up to them, which is all very nice, but also I've found in the past that men like that sometimes want to just use me. It can be the same (I've heard from gay friends) with lesbian relationships.
This. Younger people are innocent and trusting and naive, and it's easy to take advantage of, even unintentionally (not that I think I have). People who actually have rum motives are everywhere and to a younger person it's flattering and sweet and makes you feel ohh so special.

But that man who offered you a sweet on the park when you were ten also seemed nice, didn't he?
I wouldn't care , not my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending