The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Unit 2 Global Investigations-Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone know if you're allowed to use case studies that aren't in the UK or does it have to be local?? I want to use Curitiba in Brazil for sustainable rebranding....
Original post by AAA134
What case studies could you use for sustainable rebranding? Like London docklands and Sydney olympics?

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 10.41.12.png London Sustainable Rebranding (Olympics)
Original post by Izzy162
Does anyone know if you're allowed to use case studies that aren't in the UK or does it have to be local?? I want to use Curitiba in Brazil for sustainable rebranding....

Yeah, that is ok. Curitiba is the example given in the book
Reply 43
Original post by harryleavey
Yeah, that is ok. Curitiba is the example given in the book

awesome thanks
Original post by Izzy162
awesome thanks

Just a heads up, my teacher said it isn't recommended to use Curitiba as an example because it happened under a military dictatorship or something along those lines, it is much safer to use the London or Sydney Olympics.
Original post by Izzy162

Yep, it's fine to use other areas in the world for the 10 markers for both sides of unit 2- just not in the fieldwork/ research questions (15 markers) :smile:
https://quizlet.com/class/1627629/

Just in case this is helpful for anyone :smile: Extreme weather and my rebranding things here! :smile:
I feel like my school is the only place doing Unequal Spaces over Rebranding....
does anyone have any predictions for the 15 markers for re branding and coasts? my teachers though coastal development could be the coasts one!
there's so many more questions they could ask for re branding than coasts, i have three fieldwork locations for crowded coast and only one for rebranding!
You guys realise as long as the rebranding actually happened you can use any example
you could use Curitiba/BedZED London for sustainable
Original post by King Geedorah
Just a heads up, my teacher said it isn't recommended to use Curitiba as an example because it happened under a military dictatorship or something along those lines, it is much safer to use the London or Sydney Olympics.

yeah, well I've always used Curitiba and it has been fine, so not sure about that one
Reply 52
is sustainability more likely for coasts or rebranding?
Reply 53
Original post by Bethh2105
Sooo... My teacher is absolutely terrible and has barely prepared us for the exam this Friday! I'm fine with fieldwork, it's just the other 10 markers. I have no idea what case studies to learn and why I need to know them e.g reasons why urban areas decline or whatever. I'm doing crowded coats and rebranding. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated :smile:

Rebranding - London Olympics/ Lower Lea Valley
-Eden Project
- Doncaster Earth Centre- Unsucessful
-Blackpool
-London Docklands
-Your fieldwork!

Coats - Holderness
-Blackwater Estuary
-Lyme Regis
-Dubai (advance the line and growth)
Reply 54
Can someone tell me what we need to talk about when in the fieldwork and research questions they ask you about the results and conclusions and also about presentation and analysis? I really don´t know what to say for that...
Original post by uptheboro070516
yeah, well I've always used Curitiba and it has been fine, so not sure about that one

God knows then
Original post by samsimon28
Sustainability is not that bad for re branding you can use
Sydney
London

How is London sustainable rebranding?
Original post by IRoranth
How is London sustainable rebranding?

Sustainability of London 2012, Olympic authority relocating species, using fabric materials on the roof, re use of stadiums, affordable housing, greenspace
Original post by King Geedorah

What a load of crap! Sorry, but Curitiba is one of the best examples of a sustainable urban area/rebrand.
It is written on most mark schemes and has a 2 page spread in the textbook endorsed by edexcel.

Military dictatorship! That has absolutely no relevance to whether it can be used as an example of a sustainable rebrand. (Unless you evaluate that it's drawbacks were that it may be considered a 'top-down' rebrand)
Original post by Sabrinalee1511
https://quizlet.com/class/1627629/

Just in case this is helpful for anyone :smile: Extreme weather and my rebranding things here! :smile:

These are really good. Your sets are almost the same as mine:

https://www.studyblue.com/#folder/18475306

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending