The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swagmister
It was the y coordinate of the the normal to a curve, it was part of the question with the 20+2h

yeah i forgot to put the gradient as = to the normal :frown:(((((((((((
Reply 401
Original post by AlfieH
Relatively generous?!?!?! 65/72 last year for an A and 100 UMS was 72/72.

The grade boundaries are incredibly high for C1 and will always probably be since it is often the preferred retake module so when year 13s/ gap-year students retake it they expect to get 100%, hence bringing up the boundaries.

Oh how wrong I was :biggrin:
Reply 402
Original post by swagmister
It was the y coordinate of the the normal to a curve, it was part of the question with the 20+2h

Dya reckon I would get a mark for just flipping the gradient (finding the normal gradient) and then writing crosses x when y=0?
Original post by AlfieH
Dya reckon I would get a mark for just flipping the gradient (findings the normal gradient) and then writing crosses x when y=0?

Yeah probs for finding the gradient of the normal
Original post by maxjackson5
its a joke mate haha

Wow you joker
Original post by maxjackson5
its a joke mate haha

Wait are you max Jackson from Ricky school?
As the Jan 11 boundary for an A was 54 and that was easy, surely this will be lower?
Reply 407
Original post by Jamesk123
As the Jan 11 boundary for an A was 54 and that was easy, surely this will be lower?

This is what im hoping for

I'm praying it's lower otherwise I think a lot of people are gonna be in the sh*t including myself

I ****ing hope so.

Looking back, it wasnt as hard as it had seemed in the exam hall and I shouldn't have lost as many marks as I did.

Having said that, it is definitely the hardest paper they've ever set - seems like they're trying to make it a lot more difficult to do well, considering I was getting 90%+ on all the past papers.

They should be below 54, no question about it - it was pretty awful by their previous record - however I've got this horrible gut feeling that it's not going to be that low and I'm looking at a B, maybe even a C at this rate if this is anything to go on for C2 and S1.
Reply 410
Original post by sknmaster
I ****ing hope so.

Looking back, it wasnt as hard as it had seemed in the exam hall and I shouldn't have lost as many marks as I did.

Having said that, it is definitely the hardest paper they've ever set - seems like they're trying to make it a lot more difficult to do well, considering I was getting 90%+ on all the past papers.

They should be below 54, no question about it - it was pretty awful by their previous record - however I've got this horrible gut feeling that it's not going to be that low and I'm looking at a B, maybe even a C at this rate if this is anything to go on for C2 and S1.

lol
Original post by Ozil5
lol

Ozil5 suck your mum you wetty
Reply 413
Original post by metasysta
This is a mark scheme and questions with some worked solutions for todays paper.

Thanks to the people who helped me create this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xUeoSwXdOYRFjLSQUu1WKb9Yl5_GFg6p_FoeRhCofv0/edit?usp=sharing

For the simultaneous equations question, shouldn't the answers be
x=3, y=5
x=-3/5 and y = -29/5

If you put in x=-3 and y=-5 in the second equation: 3x-y-4=0
-9+5-4=-8

but if you use x=3 and y=5
you get: 9-5-4=0
Reply 414
Original post by sknmaster
Ozil5 suck your mum you wetty

your dad shots avon outside of work
https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examination-board-lower-the-grade-boundaries-on-the-ocr-core-1-mathematics-paper SIGN THE PETITION PLEASE! - feel free to make a supporting comment too thanks :biggrin:
I don't get it, the exam was an absolute gift. We were all talking after the exam about how it was a nice exam.
Checking the unofficial mark schemes, it appears I am the only person in the world to score well. It wouldn't surprise me if the boundaries weren't high, as the only people who vent on the internet are those who do badly, and no offence; but the people on this thread are a small minority.
Reply 417

seems legitimate
Anyone remember the question for 5ii)?
Reply 419
Original post by jakepds
I don't get it, the exam was an absolute gift. We were all talking after the exam about how it was a nice exam.
Checking the unofficial mark schemes, it appears I am the only person in the world to score well. It wouldn't surprise me if the boundaries weren't high, as the only people who vent on the internet are those who do badly, and no offence; but the people on this thread are a small minority.

I guess the problem is that the style of questions were slightly different. Comparing to all the past papers I did, I think this is my worst one so far. But I still think I got around 59-60 marks, which should be enough for a good A, if the grade boundary is lowered. I think the boundary would be around 54-55, not into the 60s though.
Seems you did well. Well done, are you doing FP1 as well?

Quick Reply

Latest