The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C1 18th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Is this meant to be all correct, because if so, I think I've messed up big time!!! :smile:)))
Original post by jaseho98
Is this meant to be all correct, because if so, I think I've messed up big time!!! :smile:)))

Yeah, me too for the section B :frown:
If we get a C/B in C1 what do we have to get in C2 to get an A overall?
Original post by AdamWallisjr
If we get a C/B in C1 what do we have to get in C2 to get an A overall?

It really depends on your optional module as well.. I did M1 last year.
Got BCB for C1, C2 and M1 respectively and was 30 something odd UMS away from an A. You need 240 UMS for an A I believe x
did anyone else get x<-7.5 for the last question or have I made that up?
Reply 105
Original post by student_999

Yeah I got that to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student_999

Yep I did!!!
I retook this C1 paper and thought that it was ridiculously easy. Would not be surprised if the boundary for an A remains at 63. However, I am hoping it is 61 as I did drop 2 marks.
Same as me. There was nothing weird it and everything had been in past papers over the last few years.
Original post by hunter0raf42
Thought the paper was pretty good. The only tricky questions were whe you had to find A and C using the f(x) remainders. Did we all get A=-2 and C=7.

Also for the last quesitons: K < -60/8 ?

Yes I got that but cancelled it down to K<-15/2
I'm a year 9, I'm taking this exam tomorrow and would like some guidance on what is best to revise tonight. Thanks you!
Original post by DrKillerX
You need to use the discriminant to solve it

What answer did you get for that question?? I got an answer but I'm not sure if it's right!
Reply 112
I reckon I've dropped around 12 marks because of careless plus/minus errors. Although the this isn't taking into account any ecf marks so who knows :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
on that unofficial markscheme, questions about rearranging and 5 are wrong... whoever's done it shouldn't have as thinks it's better than anyone who did the exam and therefore release that thinking they can suggest they can not be wrong
Original post by chemari1
on that unofficial markscheme, questions about rearranging and 5 are wrong... whoever's done it shouldn't have as thinks it's better than anyone who did the exam and therefore release that thinking they can suggest they can not be wrong

Which questions in specific do you think are wrong?
For question 11 i'm pretty sure the intersection with the x-axis is at (-0.5,0) not (-1.5,0)
Original post by AdamWallisjr
Which questions in specific do you think are wrong?
4 and 5
Original post by chemari1
4 and 5

Question 4 is correct, the question started with A= and asked to express A in terms of C. This means keep it as A= but make sure there is only Cs on the other side which there originally wasn't. This did not mean to make C the subject.
Original post by bethygirl
Question 4 is correct, the question started with A= and asked to express A in terms of C. This means keep it as A= but make sure there is only Cs on the other side which there originally wasn't. This did not mean to make C the subject.

there were 2 terms to multiply a by in the R.H.S. and then I passed the m to the left as negative, took a as a factor, and put them 3 as the denominator, maybe it's just a different answer
I got A and C as that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending