The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level maths c1

2016 Edexcel A Level C1 was difficult and we did not get enough time to do all the questions.The grade boundaries have been really high in the past 2 years compared to the older ones. If you want to lower the grade boundaries then click the link below to support this.

https://www.change.org/p/nicky-morgan-mp-lower-edexcel-c1-grade-boundaries-2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i had the same issue here,

i ran out of time!
Reply 2
This is such a stupid idea LOL.

The grades naturally get lowered anyway if this year does worse than last year.
I could understand the petition with last years GCSE maths exam but this year? Eh...
Reply 4
Original post by Trapz99
This is such a stupid idea LOL.

The grades naturally get lowered anyway if this year does worse than last year.

Did you do Edexcel A level Maths last year?

Oh and its not only about the grade boundaries it is also about the percentage ( which would also be lower). Grade boundaries are not the only problem. If you would have seen the past papers and the grade boundaries. After 2012 the papers got harder and the grade boundaries substantially got higher. If this was a one person problem then it would've been the person's fault, but more than half had the problem so it became an issue.
Reply 5
Original post by sk1998
Did you do Edexcel A level Maths last year?

Oh and its not only about the grade boundaries it is also about the percentage ( which would also be lower). Grade boundaries are not the only problem. If you would have seen the past papers and the grade boundaries. After 2012 the papers got harder and the grade boundaries substantially got higher. If this was a one person problem then it would've been the person's fault, but more than half had the problem so it became an issue.

The papers did not get harder. I have done all the papers and they stayed the same throughout. The grade boundaries might have increased because too many people were getting high grades, but there is definitely no point in asking for the grade boundaries to be lowered for no reason...
I don't think it's fair to start a petition when there are some people who actually worked hard. An exam shouldn't be hard if you understand the topics and if you've done the revision. Also, exams should be harder because we live in a society where the best are the ones who are picked and therefore, examination boards need to help decipher who are the best in order for them to have opportunities to go to universities where their intelligence in appreciated. The exam wasn't even that hard!
The test in terms of difficulty wasn't even bad overall (the first 5 or 6 questions were easy), just some tricky bits which is what you would normally expect. ffs I bet if it was 1+1 people would still be complaining :tongue:
Original post by SuperHuman98
The test in terms of difficulty wasn't even bad overall (the first 5 or 6 questions were easy), just some tricky bits which is what you would normally expect. ffs I bet if it was 1+1 people would still be complaining :tongue:

lool so true. Like I said, if you know your stuff, why should the exam be hard? It's your own fault if you haven't revised properly and efficiently
Reply 9
How many of you have done the Edexcel A level Maths C1 exam Yesterday?
Original post by sk1998
How many of you have done the Edexcel A level Maths C1 exam Yesterday?

everyone
Reply 11
Personally I did not find the paper too difficult but the time was too short to answer all the questions. I understand some people did not revise and are complaining, but take into account that more than half of the people around the world found it difficult so there must be something wrong
Reply 12
Original post by MBenjamin
everyone

Just because you found it easy and have the intelligence of Einstein doesn't mean everyone has that intelligence. Congrats if you found it easy, other people didn't so please be considerate
Original post by sk1998
Just because you found it easy and have the intelligence of Einstein doesn't mean everyone has that intelligence. Congrats if you found it easy, other people didn't so please be considerate

i'm not saying I found it easy, I'm just saying there is no need for a petition which isn't going to have any effect
Reply 16
i'm not saying I found it easy, I'm just saying there is no need for a petition which isn't going to have any effect

How did you answer this question
These two lines don't intersect
Show that p2 -20p +9 < 0
Original post by sk1998
How did you answer this question
These two lines don't intersect
Show that p2 -20p +9 < 0

you had to equate the two equations because they both were equal to 'y' and then you re-organised it to form a new quadratic equation, then I used the discriminant to get to the answer given in the question
Reply 18
so?

So....This is proof that not some but most people felt that it was difficult. But If you r gonna be on this thread only to contradict everything I say and be a pest, I highly reccomend that you leave the thread and stop being annoying. I started this thread to help those people who found the exam difficult. Not for people like you.
Original post by sk1998
So....This is proof that not some but most people felt that it was difficult. But If you r gonna be on this thread only to contradict everything I say and be a pest, I highly reccomend that you leave the thread and stop being annoying. I started this thread to help those people who found the exam difficult. Not for people like you.

I swear I just answered your question, how isn't that helpful?

Quick Reply

Latest