The Student Room Group

Edexcel International A level (IAL): Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) - 19th May, 2016 - PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jasonqqqq
no 1 uncertainity is about 0.014 i use the gradent and multyply 0.002mthen %u is 2.2%

Did you draw the worst fit line?
i draw a very good best fit line in the last question... almost all the points can on it
Reply 62
Btw, can I quote % uncertainty to 1SF instead of 2SF?
Reply 63
i draw a very good best fit line in the last question... almost all the points can on it

How do you find uncertainty in question 1 using gradient?
i found the in mark scheme almost all of them are 2sf so i have written 2 sf
just use 7.14X 0.002 = 0.0014N
Reply 66
just use 7.14X 0.002 = 0.0014N

Why?
uncertainity / uncertainity = constant

so use constant to calculate the another uncertainity..

but i am not sure is it correct..
Reply 68
How about precaution for the capacitor question?
Reply 69
Original post by tgygt
How about precaution for the capacitor question?

In a past paper the answer was to check the orientation of the capacitor, to prevent overheating I believe
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 70
Correct orientation to avoid over heating, this was in a past paper
Reply 71
Original post by oli4rg
Correct orientation to avoid over heating, this was in a past paper

This is for preventing it from damage
I'm asking about next part of the question (precaution for getting accurate reading)
Reply 72
Original post by tgygt
This is for preventing it from damage
I'm asking about next part of the question (precaution for getting accurate reading)

Oh, sorry- because I was taking readings ever 5 seconds I said that the stopwatch should be close to the voltmeter to try reduce errors formed when taking simultaneous readings
Reply 73
Original post by oli4rg
Oh, sorry- because I was taking readings ever 5 seconds I said that the stopwatch should be close to the voltmeter to try reduce errors formed when taking simultaneous readings

Why would you use stopwatch?
This experiment is not the same with the previous one in past paper
Reply 74
Original post by tgygt
Why would you use stopwatch?
This experiment is not the same with the previous one in past paper

I was taking the voltage levels per 5 seconds whilst charging so V1 then again for V2 so I had multiple results to plot but idk ...
For the uncertainity in question 1 I found the max possible value of W1 minus minimum possible value . and then divide by 2
I got something like 0.015N
Reply 76
Original post by Owais.ik
For the uncertainity in question 1 I found the max possible value of W1 minus minimum possible value . and then divide by 2
I got something like 0.015N

same approach, but i forgot to divide it by two, is that ok? cuz full range for uncertainty is sometimes ok😵
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Kev__
same approach, but i forgot to divide it by two, is that ok? cuz full range for uncertainty is sometimes ok😵

Yea It's okay!
Original post by Kev__

Well I have seen papers with uncertainity as either full or half range. So there's chance that it is correct
Reply 79
it said sth like the uncertainty of l is 0.2 mm as i recall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending