The Student Room Group

Who's your favourite comedian?

What type of humour do you have? Do you have a favourite comedian? Have you seen or thought of seeing them live?

...and which comedians do you despise? :ninja:

Scroll to see replies

Dylan Moran, haven't seen him live but I love his work!
Reply 2
Jack Dee
Have seen him live twice
Love: Dave Gorman :love:

Despise: Sorry to say it but… Frankie Boyle.
Reply 4
Sean lock
Original post by iEthan
Love: Dave Gorman :love:

Despise: Sorry to say it but… Frankie Boyle.

Agree on Boyle. Add Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre, James Corden & Sarah Millican.
Reginald D. Hunter.
Reply 7
Is it bad I don't know some of these comedians? I do if I see a photo of them... maybe need to watch some more comedy :tongue:
Hmm.....Lee Mack, Russell Howard & David Mitchell. All three completely different comedians, but I adore them all.

Kind of comedy I dislike is Jimmy Carr's material, and Graham Norton. Oh, and most definitely Johnathon Ross.
Paul Whitehouse:colondollar:
Mark Cooper-Jones I really liked his comedy routine on Russell Howards good news. Also Russell Howard himself

I don't particularly get Milton Jones's type of humour
I'm my favourite comedian :biggrin:
Kevin Hart!!! Love his work!!! Simon Amstell is amazing!! annnd David Mitchell- he's soo great! :lol:

and despise..... sorry to say this guys.... but Russel Howard- he's just not funny :unimpressed:
(edited 7 years ago)
I love/hate Frankie Boyle. :tongue: :angry:
Of those who are still alive I particularly like:

Louis CK
Bill Burr
Jimmy Carr
Frankie Boyle
Trevor Noah
Bill Bailey
Michael Macintyre
Lee Mack
Tim Vine

Dislike:
Russell Howard
Russell Brand (maybe it's just Russells?)
Reply 16
Original post by BurstingBubbles
What type of humour do you have? Do you have a favourite comedian? Have you seen or thought of seeing them live?

Only seen Jimmy Carr and Bill Bailey live - two different styles of humour but I love them both. Some of my other favourites include Frankie Boyle, Peter Kay, Bob Monkhouse, Milton Jones, Lee Mack, Lee Evans, Stuart Francis and many others...

The ones I don't find funny are Sarah Millican, Tim Vine (he occasionally does a good one-liner but meh)
Original post by BurstingBubbles

Roy Chubby Brown and John Valby are my favs. My worst has to be Dull and Dullard. They think they are funny but they aint. They do my bastard head in big time.
Reply 18
Some of my favourites are sadly no longer with us (Dave Allen, Robin Williams, Ronnie Corbett) but my current favourites would include comedians like Peter Kay, Frank Skinner, Jon Richardson, David Mitchell, Lee Mack, Stewart Francis, Trevor Noah and Rich Hall (the only one of those who I've seen live).
Catherine Tate

Quick Reply

Latest