The Student Room Group

Currently in a Mental Health Hospital

Hey Guys
I've been an inpatient in a Mental Health Hospital for a few months now (I'm still here)
I wanna reduce the stigma aroud mental health...
So, ask me anything, call me any names you want, just go ahead and comment! I'll try and reply ^-^

Scroll to see replies

I did work experience in a mental health inpatient unit and honestly it changed my view on the world.
How did you get admitted? Were you sectioned?
Hi :smile: How are you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's hard to believe someone who has accomplished so much in life can end up in hospital for several months
Original post by shawn_o1
It's hard to believe someone who has accomplished so much in life can end up in hospital for several months
? Do you know OP?

Why?
Original post by Little Popcorns
? Do you know OP?

All I know from her other alias on TSR is that she's bright and is a good swimmer. Or am I mistaken :colone:
Sweater weather as in the song?

:biggrin:
All I know from her other alias on TSR is that she's bright and is a good swimmer. Or am I mistaken :colone:

what'd you mean other alias on tsr???

Also... some extremely intelligent people have suffered from severe mental illness seen the film a beautiful mind? Various things mean people become mentally unwell nothing to do with intelligence or talent...

Also... some extremely intelligent people have suffered from severe mental illness seen the film a beautiful mind? Various things mean people become mentally unwell nothing to do with intelligence or talent...

Ahh omg A Beautiful Mind
That film almost broke me

Mmm, I don't quite follow. Intelligent people and good swimmers can suffer from mental health problems too.
Reply 11
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Mmm, I don't quite follow. Intelligent people and good swimmers can suffer from mental health problems too.

^ This. This. This.

Mental illnesses don't choose the person. It can affect any one of us :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WhatIsSleep
I did work experience in a mental health inpatient unit and honestly it changed my view on the world.
How did you get admitted? Were you sectioned?

Yeah, I got sectioned on the 27th March (cri)
I got admitted after going to General for an assessment :frown:I'm still an impatient there, but I'm currently at school :biggrin:

Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd

*claps*
Thank you ^-^
Is it free? Or are you/your family/a health insurance company having to pay?
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
Yeah, I got sectioned on the 27th March (cri)
I got admitted after going to General for an assessment :frown:I'm still an impatient there, but I'm currently at school :biggrin:

How is school going?
Original post by Tiger Rag
How is school going?

School is going great :biggrin: Stressful, but great...
Original post by DrSocSciences
Is it free? Or are you/your family/a health insurance company having to pay?

It's free as part of the NHS :smile: Though its a private hospital company, but the NHS still pays for everyone ^-^
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
It's free as part of the NHS :smile: Though its a private hospital company, but the NHS still pays for everyone ^-^

That's really good. I've had friends whose adolescent children have phone hospitals for assistance, to be told it costs £1000 per day for residents, - really not a helpful piece of information to give a young person in crisis.
Original post by DrSocSciences
That's really good. I've had friends whose adolescent children have phone hospitals for assistance, to be told it costs £1000 per day for residents, - really not a helpful piece of information to give a young person in crisis.

*gulps* *feels guilty*

Quick Reply

Latest