The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Thursday 19th May 2016 Exam (C1)

Does anyone know the complete mark schemes for the 2016 chemistry unit 1 paper? And also grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Grade boundaries are going to be very high :frown:
Probs around 53 for an A*
This was so easy compared to biology. At least it has something to do with chemistry. I revised for history, geography, business, P.S.H.E, drama and music just in case...What was the correct answer to the balancing equations question? Also, what was the key points to the answer of the ethanol and water filtration?What do you guys think the grade boundary was?Hope we all did well Pray to the lord
Hi there!
How is everyone feeling about the Physics paper next week?
Original post by SaalihahHusain
I do not know, but thank you for asking. I am looking forward to finding out too

Oh I am so sorry but I heard you missed the first question
Reply 6
Went so well so happyyy, At least it had something to do with chemistry & made up for that AMAZING biology exam (sarcasm)
Hope the biology exams grade boundary is low
A* = 40
A = 35
B = 30
C = 25 (These are just my guesses not official)

I think the grade boundaries for Chemistry will be pretty high as a lot of people found it easy.
A* = between 52 to 56
A = 45 to 50
B = 39 to 43
C = 30
Original post by NusaybaAbbas

Stressful. I suck at physics
Original post by Inshak
Went so well so happy, At least it had something to do with chemistry & made up for that AMAZING biology exam (sarcasm)
A* = 40
A = 35
B = 30

I think the grade boundaries for Chemistry will be pretty high as a lot of people found it easy.
A* = between 52 to 56
A = 45 to 50
B = 39 to 43
C = 30

That is quite reasonable I guess
Original post by nerdyvsrebel
This was so easy compared to biology. At least it has something to do with chemistry. I revised for history, geography, business, P.S.H.E, drama and music just in case...What was the correct answer to the balancing equations question? Also, what was the key points to the answer of the ethanol and water filtration?What do you guys think the grade boundary was?Hope we all did well Pray to the lord

2Fe2O3 + 3C --> 4Fe + 3CO2?
Original post by Inshak
Went so well so happyyy, At least it had something to do with chemistry & made up for that AMAZING biology exam (sarcasm)
A* = 40
A = 35
B = 30

A* = between 52 to 56
A = 45 to 50
B = 39 to 43
C = 30

Seems about right...
Reply 11

Not looking forward to it, At least we've a 6 day gap!
Seems about right...

No biology will be about 49
and chemistry will be 54 for an A* i think
Original post by surina16

That's what I got.
Reply 14
Original post by surina16

I got this too :biggrin:
Reply 15
Chemistry was much better than bio...just hope the boundaries aren't TOO high :P
Anyone know the reason why it was 4Fe rather than 2Fe2?
Original post by Memelordc
Anyone know the reason why it was 4Fe rather than 2Fe2?

2Fe2 implies covalent bonding. Metals don't have covalent bonds only non-metals can make these.
Reply 18
Original post by redsoules
2Fe2 implies covalent bonding. Metals don't have covalent bonds only non-metals can make these.

Rip 1 mark then haha

Quick Reply

Latest