The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Just been approved for my student finance loan

I have just been approved for my loan, but I do have a question. I did put Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice, and I do need to get a Merit in my current course that I am doing in order to get into Sheffield Hallam. What if I don't get a Merit? What will happen to the money? I do have a second choice but SFE doesn't know that cause they didn't ask as far as I remember. Basically what will I need to do if I will have to make any changes. Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
If you don't get into your firm choice uni, phone up Student Finance and tell them what uni you are going to.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Piotr.p_97
I have just been approved for my loan, but I do have a question. I did put Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice, and I do need to get a Merit in my current course that I am doing in order to get into Sheffield Hallam. What if I don't get a Merit? What will happen to the money? Basically what will I need to do if I will have to make any changes. Thanks in advance.

You phone student finance up and either change the details for your insurance university or cancel it if you've decided not to go this year.
Reply 3
Oh my god thank you so much for those quick replies! This has definitely made me worry less! Thank you so much!
Original post by Piotr.p_97
I have just been approved for my loan, but I do have a question. I did put Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice, and I do need to get a Merit in my current course that I am doing in order to get into Sheffield Hallam. What if I don't get a Merit? What will happen to the money? I do have a second choice but SFE doesn't know that cause they didn't ask as far as I remember. Basically what will I need to do if I will have to make any changes. Thanks in advance.

Original post by Airmed
If you don't get into your firm choice uni, phone up Student Finance and tell them what uni you are going to.

Original post by claireestelle
You phone student finance up and either change the details for your insurance university or cancel it if you've decided not to go this year.

Thank you for the speedy advice Airmed and claireestelle! We hope we get to meet you in September Piotr.p, but Student Finance will be prepared for any changes that may happen if you call them and explain your situation.

Sending all our luck for exam season! If you've got any more concerns, do ask :smile:

Laura & Hannah
(Official Hallam reps)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending