The Student Room Group

Exam invigilator scratched up my phone

Scroll to see replies

Ask for legal advice whether you can get compensation for damages to your phone from OCR or the woman in question. Surely, she would not put a baby on the bench face first and slide it across the bench. Your phone is your baby.

Next time, though, try to keep it safe in your bag. You never know, who will be the person to mess you up again.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 21
Life Pro Tip: Don't take legal advice from someone who cannot spell 'impossible' or 'definitely'. Send her a bill.
Original post by pizzanomics
^^^Seems legit.

i am really not bothered if someone knows what school i go. plus this account is not linked with anything person and im using a VPN
Speak to your head and see what he/she suggests

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by genesisgaming
i am really not bothered if someone knows what school i go. plus this account is not linked with anything person and im using a VPN

Are you hiding behind 7 proxies by any chance?
i can take any advice im given at this point. so im not worried about giving away the name of my school
Reply 26
Just go to her house with a ****ing sledgehammer and demand the money, will probably work.
*joking, will not accept liability for imprisonment*
Original post by nobbono
Life Pro Tip: Don't take legal advice from someone who cannot spell 'impossible' or 'definitely'. Send her a bill.

I have dyslexia
Original post by nobbono
Just go to her house with a ****ing sledgehammer and demand the money, will probably work.
*joking, will not accept liability for imprisonment*

i bet this is the reason why people shoot up schools in america
Reply 29
Original post by lascelles101
I have dyslexia

What d'yu want me to do about it sonny?
Original post by pizzanomics
Are you hiding behind 7 proxies by any chance?

i have some military grade equipment in my basement for IP disguise. (jk) tunnelbear m8
Original post by SMEGGGY
Speak to your head and see what he/she suggests

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think that is what i am going to do
Original post by nobbono
What d'yu want me to do about it sonny?

nothing but don't say things if u don't know the real reason
Reply 33
nothing but don't say things if u don't know the real reason

Learn to spell

im not a peado dw
according to gov regulations:
Staff have a defence to any complaint or other action brought against them. The law protects members of staff from liability in any proceedings brought against them for any loss of, or damage to, any item they have confiscated, provided they acted lawfully https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/444053/Searching_screening_confiscation_advice_Reviewed_July_2015.pdf

HOWEVER
you acted in a voluntary manner, with the sense that your phone would be treated with reasonable care, which it was not. therefore follow the official complaints procedure (http://www.stmonicas.co.uk/school/images/St_Monicas_Complaints_Policy.pdf)
this should be done as soon as possible
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nobbono
small claims court, sue the bitch.

OP this guy knows his stuff. Take him on as your legal rep and you will get results.
forget about it cos technically phonea rent allowed in the exam room, and if you make a big deal out of it, small chance but you could get disqualified so forget about it, she didnt do it on purpose. shes probably some old lady who still owns a nokia brick phone, get it fixed if its cheap and then put a screen protector on it, glass screen protectors are the best
im not a peado dw
according to gov regulations:
Staff have a defence to any complaint or other action brought against them. The law protects members of staff from liability in any proceedings brought against them for any loss of, or damage to, any item they have confiscated, provided they acted lawfully https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/444053/Searching_screening_confiscation_advice_Reviewed_July_2015.pdf

HOWEVER
you acted in a voluntary manner, with the sense that your phone would be treated with reasonable care, which it was not. therefore follow the official complaints procedure (http://www.stmonicas.co.uk/school/images/St_Monicas_Complaints_Policy.pdf)
this should be done as soon as possible

i will literally say everything you just did, but straight to the headteacher and get some results. thanks
Simple thing to do is just not take your phone with you. The invigilators can't accept responsibility for your item. The damage was not caused intentionally, there'll be no way you can get compensation. The only proof you have is your word; the scratch could have appeared at any time.If you really care about your personal items, don't risk them by giving theto someone else.
i will literally say everything you just did, but straight to the headteacher and get some results. thanks

that's ok but it may not be concrete as found nothing on the website about phones ... good luck and post the reply

Quick Reply

Latest