The Student Room Group

2016 AQA GCSE Chemistry Unofficial mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blissfuleuphoria
Did you have to state that it needed to be aluminium oxide? I just said "presence of a catalyst and high temperature"

Should be fine
Original post by Redcoats
What was the third question asking?

Was it not asking about sub-atomic particles and their charges in just the nucleus so you're not supposed to talk about electrons, right?

No electrons in the nucleus - I just talked about protons (+1) and neutrons (no charge).
Original post by lunaticash19995
No it would be around 52 because last year it was 50 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many people found this exam hard, so an A* will not be that high.
Did you have to state that it needed to be aluminium oxide? I just said "presence of a catalyst and high temperature"

That's probably cool.
No electrons in the nucleus - I just talked about protons (+1) and neutrons (no charge).

Same, that's fine then. The unofficial mark scheme thus suggests I got around
57-58/60
Am I the only one that thought this test was hard? :frown:
You don't have to specify the type of catalyst or the temperature

lol.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JustasB
Many people found this exam hard, so an A* will not be that high.

Given the premise that "most of the people who use TSR are in the % of students that get >B grades " and that most of the people here today are saying how well they've done in this test, I'd say we can conclude that a high amount of people posting here now will get very good grades. This is because they will have something like 45+ marks so the average here today would be around 45-50 marks = A*. The boundaries are going to be very very high if this is the case nationwide.
57-58/60

Ah well done! Chemistry is not my strong point, hoping I got around 43-45 though having recounted.
57-58/60

That's awesome, glad I could help :smile:
Reply 150
thanks for this:smile:
Ah well done! Chemistry is not my strong point, hoping I got around 43-45 though having recounted.

Chemistry was never my strong point either. To be honest, I just got lucky, and that is important to anyone who is concerned about the exam; with tests, so many variables have to align to ensure success and so exams are by no means a good way of testing our ability.
I believe i have around 55/6/8, with me missing the first question and not adding 60C to the last. Will i get anything about saying margerine is only partially hyrdrogenated , because if it was completlry hydrogenated then it would be a solid lump and unspreadable
There was a question saying give three reasons why car bodies should be recycled instead of reused or placed in landfills. it was a 3 marker
Reply 154
Thanks everyone :smile:
Original post by A_Tesco_Manager
I believe i have around 55/6/8, with me missing the first question and not adding 60C to the last. Will i get anything about saying margerine is only partially hyrdrogenated , because if it was completlry hydrogenated then it would be a solid lump and unspreadable

WOW! Those are great marks! I mentioned the same thing right at the end just for arguments sake after actually providing the correct answer, but I don't think it will be mark-worthy because it does not necessarily answer the question. I may be wrong though!
Chemistry was never my strong point either. To be honest, I just got lucky, and that is important to anyone who is concerned about the exam; with tests, so many variables have to align to ensure success and so exams are by no means a good way of testing our ability.

Very true! Kicking myself that I didn't remember the whole bunsen burner thing for group 1 metals but there you go, that's what happens when I have a panic attack in an exam, all I can think of is panic. Happy that I managed to remember the nickel catalyst and 60*C for the last question though. At the end of the day it's done now and I just hope I can do well in C2 and C3, hoping for an A in Chemistry.
Original post by roadAyman
There was a question saying give three reasons why car bodies should be recycled instead of reused or placed in landfills. it was a 3 marker

got that I think :smile:
Original post by A_Tesco_Manager

I did say that but I'm not sure if it's a mark
Very true! Kicking myself that I didn't remember the whole bunsen burner thing for group 1 metals but there you go, that's what happens when I have a panic attack in an exam, all I can think of is panic. Happy that I managed to remember the nickel catalyst and 60*C for the last question though. At the end of the day it's done now and I just hope I can do well in C2 and C3, hoping for an A in Chemistry.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending