The Student Room Group

Egyptair plane with 66 passengers disappears from radar

Scroll to see replies

Can I ask why no one has blamed birds?

Bet they got in a little swarm and hit the left engine up and it blew up
:colonhash:

Spoiler

I know it's not confirmed yet but can we get #NotAllMuslims trending just in case? :/
Original post by NickLCFC
I know it's not confirmed yet but can we get #NotAllMuslims trending just in case? :/

It'll happen soon enough.
Perhaps it's best to wait and see before jumping to attribute blame.
Last Sunday we had people attributing blame for the fake bomb at Old Trafford... Before it turned out to be from a training exercise.

It may well be Muslims, it may be a failure of the pilot (like the Germanwings and Air France crashes were) or it may be a mechanical failure. It might not but I don't see the point in speculating and attributing blame until we at least have a clearer idea.

RIP to all those on board. Truly horrifying for all the victims and their families.
Original post by DiddyDec
I don't think it serves much purpose to destroy a plane over the sea when you could do more damage doing it over a populated area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The safety record of Airbus A320s is excellent. I don't see how anything other than a catastrophic incident could have caused the loss of the aircraft without some kind of distress or urgency call.
As I previous poster has said, it wouldn't take a particular large IED to destroy an aircraft at high altitude. Whereas at low altitude & near an airport you increase the flight crew's chances of making an emergency landing.
Original post by NickLCFC

given how close the crash site is to israel. the muslims will just blame IDF for false flag attack
Original post by HucktheForde
given how close the crash site is to israel. the muslims will just blame IDF for false flag attack

I'm expecting someone to blame the CIA too.
Original post by Kieran1996
Can I ask why no one has blamed birds?

Bet they got in a little swarm and hit the left engine up and it blew up
:colonhash:

Spoiler

muslimpeace.jpg
Original post by HanSoloLuck
muslimpeace.jpg

Flippin' heck the birds must be free of religion :K:
Flying is still safe it'll be said (I'm sure it is)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been 804 days since MH370
Now Flight 804 is missing :frown:
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=3&d1=8&y1=2014&m2=5&d2=19&y2=2016&ti=on

I don't think there was malicious intent either but can't rule it out
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably just crashed, my money is on mechanical failure leading to pilot error or the other way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here

May Allah rest their souls
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
It'll happen soon enough.

Why do you say it like its a bad thing?
Original post by queen-bee
Why do you say it like its a bad thing?

because it's just the usual platitudes and denial Queeny
Reply 35
Original post by Tempest II
The safety record of Airbus A320s is excellent. I don't see how anything other than a catastrophic incident could have caused the loss of the aircraft without some kind of distress or urgency call.
As I previous poster has said, it wouldn't take a particular large IED to destroy an aircraft at high altitude. Whereas at low altitude & near an airport you increase the flight crew's chances of making an emergency landing.

Egypt Air has a fairly poor record of human error though. Two flights of their's were brought down by suicidal pilots. In both cases attempts were made to cover it up and to this day they deny suicide as a cause. I am very skeptical of Egypt's ability, firstly to properly run an airline, and secondly to properly investigate the crash.

What this does suggest is that it is more of an incident in the cockpit itself of that aircraft. It does suggest it wasn't necessarily blown out of the sky by a missile potentially... it wasn't necessarily a device on board. It would suggest that the pilot has been involved in some way in an incident in the cockpit."
Paul Charles
Aviation analyst

Interesting
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
because it's just the usual platitudes and denial Queeny

Denying that all Muslims are potential terrorists/terrorists?
Original post by The_Opinion
Naïve and foolish.

Sensible and nonreactionary.
I doubt it's terrorism, it rarely is, especially given it was flying from Paris. Consequently it was either some really really bad error or malfunction given how rapidly it all happened, or as has been suggested earlier in the thread, an intentional act by the pilot(s).
Original post by queen-bee
Excuse me,bish?

Sensible and nonreactionary.

Considering what we already know and the current world climate, to suggest that something other than terrorism is the most likely cause is plain stupidity from the professionally naïve.

Quick Reply

Latest