The Student Room Group

AQA German AS 2016 Thread

Hallo!

Ich habe kein Gesprach uber diese Prufung schon gesehen... I give up already !

I know the exam is in only two days but just thought we could have a thread to post any last minute exam tips, essay phrases or share essays with each other!

I'm going to go ahead and ask for essay titles for practice that you think could come up on the Health topic?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think a possible essay on holidays could come up? Or perhaps sport in school or sport role models ? I don't think alcohol or drugs will come up as an essay as I believe that came up in 2014?

What do you think?
How to motivate young people to do sport came up last year so I don't think sport will come up again! Probably Urlaub, Internet, Familie oder Handys
I'm so nervous about the reading and essay D:
Original post by MiracleLeaf
I'm so nervous about the reading and essay D:

I know right don't get me started on the essay :frown: however I find the reading okay, you just have to take your time!
Nervous about the essay, done very little practice
I'm thinking communication technology is really likely to come up, or possibly even TV, and then probably marriage/family and holidays... Hopefully not fashion :s-smilie:
Feeling pretty good about the readind and listening though... The grammar seems to be getting progressively harder on each more recent past paper I do, meh
How did your orals go? What card did you do?
Reply 6
I haven't seen a Fashion essay come up...ever, or a Kommunikationstechnologie one so I have my bets on those.

Musik came up 2014 I believe, Advertising and Sport and something about fam&relationships were there in 2015 so don't expect any of those.

I'm sure film was done recently too so that leaves Fashion for popular culture lmao
Reply 7
Looks unlikely that Werbung, Sport or Freundschaft will come up for the essay as they were in last year's paper. I'm thinking maybe Mode or healthy eating
Original post by georgia0319
Nervous about the essay, done very little practice
I'm thinking communication technology is really likely to come up, or possibly even TV, and then probably marriage/family and holidays... Hopefully not fashion :s-smilie:
Feeling pretty good about the readind and listening though... The grammar seems to be getting progressively harder on each more recent past paper I do, meh
How did your orals go? What card did you do?

I got a choice between vegetarians or what makes a good friend, I chose the good friend one because I had no idea what to say about vegetarians! How about you?
Yeah if it's health I'm thinking it will be about eating, as drugs and work-life balance have come up very recently.
Fashion came up in January 2013 and 2010, so definitely possible but there was a 5 year gap between sport coming up so I wouldn't say it's a definite!
I've got a feeling there won't be an essay question on popular culture - now that I've said that there probably will be though.
Original post by snowwhite659
I got a choice between vegetarians or what makes a good friend, I chose the good friend one because I had no idea what to say about vegetarians! How about you?

Ahhh can't believe there was a card on vegetarianism - I had so much to say on that being a vegan haha! But yeah I can see that would've been hard otherwise!!

I had a choice between one on online shopping and music, not really sure what the music one was about because I decided on the other one pretty sure straight away!
Told you it'd be Urlaub :smile: but like what the hell was with the question on tattoos and piercings???
who else found that exam really difficult? The Computer-Doctor one...wtf?!
Original post by snowwhite659
Told you it'd be Urlaub :smile: but like what the hell was with the question on tattoos and piercings???

I know!! I could write a paragraph on that topic at a push but a whole essay!? Felt the same way about the TV one as well, so ended up doing the Urlaub one... What about you?

Found the paper overall really nice, could've been much worse though there were definitely some hard questions in there...
Any one got any decent points to put in an essay on music?
It was definitely harder than previous papers. Does anyone know who the guy got first conputer from ?
Original post by KTaghizada
It was definitely harder than previous papers. Does anyone know who the guy got first conputer from ?

I thought it was "ein Bekannte" (friend/acquaintance)? Not 100% sure though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by georgia0319
I thought it was "ein Bekannte" (friend/accquaintance)? Not 100% sure though.

Cool, that's what I wrote.
In the first question, where it asked about surprising things about friendship, what was that about siblings ?
Original post by KTaghizada
In the first question, where it asked about surprising things about friendship, what was that about siblings ?

Umm I think that many people placed more value on friendships than their siblings if I remember correctly? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending