The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nicola98
Anyone know of the predictions for higher history ????
For Britain topic
USA
migration and empire

Personally I do quite different topics from you. However the essays I believe will come up for mine are

British: "To what extent did women achieve the right to vote due to the militant actions of the suffragettes"

German: will be Obstacles to Germany Unification
Reply 2
[QUOTE="Shane7;64769491"]
Anyone know of the predictions for higher history ????
For Britain topic
USA
migration and empire

Personally I do quite different topics from you. However the essays I believe will come up for mine are

British: "To what extent did women achieve the right to vote due to the militant actions of the suffragettes"

German: will be Obstacles to Germany Unification

How many essays are you learning
Are you only learning one Britain essay and hoping it comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
[QUOTE="nicola98;64945371"]
Original post by Shane7

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really wouldn't recommend doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
[QUOTE="nicola98;64945371"]
Original post by Shane7

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend this method if you are either a very lucky person OR if you want to get a No Award lol.

So far I have learnt 7 essays out of 8. In my personal view you should know at the minimum 6 essays. Definitely do not go into the exam knowing only 2 essays try your best to know 6 essays. Therefore if the two essays show up that you do not know you atleast have choice therefore you can pick another question. The way I've learnt is that essays are teamed up for example:

If votes for women shows up then rise of the nazis will and so on.

How many essays do you know so far?
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Shane7;64950847"]

I would recommend this method if you are either a very lucky person OR if you want to get a No Award lol.

So far I have learnt 7 essays out of 8. In my personal view you should know at the minimum 6 essays. Definitely do not go into the exam knowing only 2 essays try your best to know 6 essays. Therefore if the two essays show up that you do not know you atleast have choice therefore you can pick another question. The way I've learnt is that essays are teamed up for example:

If votes for women shows up then rise of the nazis will and so on.

How many essays do you know so far?

5 essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
[QUOTE="nicola98;64952627"]

That's not bad, but I'd recommend you learn one or two more just to be safe and then focus on your source questions.

Good luck tomorrow, I hope you do well.
I'm predicting issue numbers 1 5 and 6
This is because in the past 3 years of papers issues 2,3 and 4 have come up twice, and the other three have each only come up once
I'm more sure though that issue 3 will not come up because it has the past 2 years
Reply 8
Original post by Maddy250714
I'm predicting issue numbers 1 5 and 6
This is because in the past 3 years of papers issues 2,3 and 4 have come up twice, and the other three have each only come up once
I'm more sure though that issue 3 will not come up because it has the past 2 years

What is issue three like what's the essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Anyone done their prelim for this yet??
Reply 10
Original post by djac99

yeah last year
Reply 11
Original post by Shane7
yeah last year

:wink: I meant this school year
Reply 12
Original post by djac99
:wink: I meant this school year

prelims are set by your own school they aren't universal
Reply 13
Original post by Shane7
prelims are set by your own school they aren't universal

Yes so im asking has anyone done their history prelim this school year?
Reply 14
Original post by djac99
Yes so im asking has anyone done their history prelim this school year?

why does it matter specifically this year
Reply 15
cause I am curious whether anyone has had it yet
Anyone what the predicted topics are for the essay exam this year?
So far I have learned 3 essays, Growth of nationalism in Germany 1815-1850, Why were the Liberal reforms introduced and how important was Bismarck's leadership.
Original post by djac99

Had mine yesterday- it went pretty well but I'd learned two of the British essays particularly well and neither of them came up. Ended up doing the America essay first, then the source questions and did a Labour essay on the 5 giants last (but I only had time to write 4 analysis paragraphs, missing out the one on want).

Did you have yours? If you did, how did it go?
Reply 18
Original post by RockGirl19
Had mine yesterday- it went pretty well but I'd learned two of the British essays particularly well and neither of them came up. Ended up doing the America essay first, then the source questions and did a Labour essay on the 5 giants last (but I only had time to write 4 analysis paragraphs, missing out the one on want).

Did you have yours? If you did, how did it go?

Yeah I had mine on Wednesday. It went okay i think :wink: em did the two essays first, was Britain a decomcray in 1885 i think the Britain question and for the European and World i did the nazi acheiving power essay question. Wasn't too bad but I write quite slow so it was rushed and I think I missed some key points :frown:
Reply 19
Can someone explain how to do Evaluation? Every time i have got Evaluation marks on an essay it is essentially just tying a factor into a whole new KU and Analysis point, so its a lot of work just for 1 mark but i'm determined it must not be that hard.

Latest

Trending

Trending