The Student Room Group

Not applying for the Maintenance Loan but need to provide household Income

I have just completed my student finance application for the full tuition fee loan but didn't apply for the maintenance loan. However when I start my course in Sept/Oct, I will be eligible for a bursary provided by my university which is Household Income assessed. How would i provide this information to Student finance as it didn't come up as an option on my application form?
You'd have to talk to the uni. But they usually require proof of the amount of loan you're receiving as proof.
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed212
I have just completed my student finance application for the full tuition fee loan but didn't apply for the maintenance loan. However when I start my course in Sept/Oct, I will be eligible for a bursary provided by my university which is Household Income assessed. How would i provide this information to Student finance as it didn't come up as an option on my application form?

The only way of supplying your household income to SF, is to be assessed for the Maintenance Loan. As SF are not performing an income assessment, you need to speak to the uni to find out whether they are able to do this themselves.
Ok so i emailed them and they said i need to apply for a maintenance loan with sfe to qualify. Is there a minimum loan amount i have to take out as im reluctant on taking out maintenance?
Ok so i emailed them and they said i need to apply for a maintenance loan with sfe to qualify. Is there a minimum loan amount i have to take out as im reluctant on taking out maintenance?

im pretty sure there was an option to take out no maintenance loan at all, since they gave you an estimate of what you could get, but also gave you the option to choose how much you want

Each uni sets their own rules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending