The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Chemistry Exam 19th May 2016

Let's talk revision and predictions!

Scroll to see replies

What are people's predictions because I have no idea, I'm just starting hardcore revision today because the last time I did c1-3 was april
Reply 2
No clue - It'll be interesting to see considering how ethical and unscientific the Biology paper was...
Has anyone got any revision notes they could upload? Would be much appreciated! :smile:
i say nanoparticles 6 marker
Kinda dreading this exam because chemistry is by far my weakest science and C2 is just argh!
No idea for 6 mark predictions but I hope that it's something to do with reducing pollution for C1, definitely not anything on polymer properties for C2!! And I'm unsure about C3 at tbh I've kind of forgotten what's even in it (living the cramming life) :colondollar:
I've got tomorrow to worry about chemistry though so I'm letting it leave my mind so I can think happy thoughts...:h:
Reply 6
Original post by ruexs1
No clue - It'll be interesting to see considering how ethical and unscientific the Biology paper was...

I know right. That test paper irritated me a lot.
Reply 7
Let's not talk about Bio here please. Go discuss it on the B123 thread but I only wanna see Chemistry here so it's ordered yknow.

Anyway, I think this paper should be good. Fractional distillation is a huge prediction for a 6mark so go revise that ****. GOODLUCK
Probably something pathetic
Reply 9
I think evolution of the atmosphere maybe and formation of rocks
What a fantastic exam! :biggrin: Loved all the 6 markers and, although I ran out of time on the last one, I think I've done extremely well overall!
To think I was dreading this exam too...I'm so pleased :smile:
OCR seem to have been very kind this year so far and I very much appreciate it as I know how evil they can be!
Reply 11
Very nice exam! The last 6 marker was a bit confusing, but apart from that, 👌. What did everyone get for that table talking about electrolysis etc.?
Original post by kennethdcharles
Very nice exam! The last 6 marker was a bit confusing, but apart from that, 👌. What did everyone get for that table talking about electrolysis etc.?

I got 1.6x10⁶ and 10000, what about you?
Reply 13
Original post by NiamhM1801

I got 1.25 x 10^6 and then thousand and something :s-smilie: a lot of my friends got your answer and some got mine too so idk.
Original post by kennethdcharles
I got 1.25 x 10^6 and then thousand and something :s-smilie: a lot of my friends got your answer and some got mine too so idk.

I checked mine and they worked so I was pretty confident with them tbh, but even so I might be wrong
Reply 15

Got that as well! :biggrin: I looked at it at first and was confused about what to do with it, thinking I had missed a page, then I realised. Was there a need to include the bottom row in calculations?

Very pleased with the exam, though because many people are commenting on it being easy the grade boundaries might be ridiculously high. I've never seen it higher than 48/49, but I thought this year's was easier than last year's.

I'm afraid OCR is about to drop a difficult 456 or 7 exam or something.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bmgaic
Got that as well! :biggrin: I looked at it at first and was confused about what to do with it, thinking I had missed a page, then I realised. Was there a need to include the bottom row in calculations?

Very pleased with the exam, though because many people are commenting on it being easy the grade boundaries might be ridiculously high. I've never seen it higher than 48/49, but I thought this year's was easier than last year's.

I'm afraid OCR is about to drop a difficult 456 or 7 exam or something.

Oh good! :biggrin: I almost missed it out!! I was lucky that I reread the page and saw the gaps in the table which then led me to read the question..phew! I used the bottom row, not sure how else you could have done it tbh...

Yeah I think they'll be quite high too, but hopefully not too high! I've never even seen them go as high as 48 so it'll be quite tough if they do. I didn't think it was easier than last year's simply because they had loads of tick box questions and we had about 2, but we had some pretty sweet 6 markers compared to them so I'm not sure.

Oh god I hope not, I'm ok at 456 but absolutely horrendous at C7!! :cry:
Reply 17
Oh good! :biggrin: I almost missed it out!! I was lucky that I reread the page and saw the gaps in the table which then led me to read the question..phew! I used the bottom row, not sure how else you could have done it tbh...

I think the bottom row had something to do with toxic traces of the methods or something? Maybe I'm just mixing it up with the last 6 marker.
I liked that exam, but do expect high grade boundaries as I found all the 6-markers to be basically data-based? I mean they were some of the simplest 6-mark questions I've seen!
Original post by bmgaic
I think the bottom row had something to do with toxic traces of the methods or something? Maybe I'm just mixing it up with the last 6 marker.

Oh wait yeah the table had 4 rows didn't it? Yeah I didn't use the last row, just the first 3 for my calculations but then all 4 in the question about them underneath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending