The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE chemistry 1CR 2016

What did you guys think of the exam? What did you guys think you got??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me it's quite hard because I'm not familiar with calculations :frown: i also found difficulties on the one about solubility of gas :frown::frown:
Original post by Prudencejh
What did you guys think of the exam? What did you guys think you got??

I think it was pretty easy except for just some stuff that I couldn't do properly because i failed to manage the time properly. Although I completed it.
There was this one question about the sulfur forming after the reaction and making the X go invisible. What was the answer for the reason of getting anomalous result firstly
And then there was a part in which rate of reaction against temperature was given. What was the answer for reason for getting inconsistent results when temp is increased??
Reply 3
I completely flunked the test. Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Leekaixd
For me it's quite hard because I'm not familiar with calculations :frown: i also found difficulties on the one about solubility of gas :frown::frown:

Altho i knew everything about solubility but i messed that question up . due to shortage of time I started getting stressed up and began messing everything up. 😔
What was your answer for the mass of sulfur dioxide formed?
Mine was zero point something (can't recall properly)
Original post by theExtraNerd
I think it was pretty easy except for just some stuff that I couldn't do properly because i failed to manage the time properly. Although I completed it.
There was this one question about the sulfur forming after the reaction and making the X go invisible. What was the answer for the reason of getting anomalous result firstly
And then there was a part in which rate of reaction against temperature was given. What was the answer for reason for getting inconsistent results when temp is increased??

I messed that question up too, but I wrote that the temp was inconsistent because as temp increased more kinetic energy something like that, i feel it being wrong
Altho i knew everything about solubility but i messed that question up . due to shortage of time I started getting stressed up and began messing everything up. 😔
What was your answer for the mass of sulfur dioxide formed?
Mine was zero point something (can't recall properly)

Mine was 0.3 something
What did you guys get for the second question about the s,l,g,aq thing
Reply 8
Original post by Igcse1student
Mine was 0.3 something

Yeah I think mine was 0.3 something too. Don't really remember. TO find it was it the mol/dm3 times the Mr??? Thats what I did i think.... Also so does the sulphur dioxide escape?
Reply 9
Original post by Leekaixd

SAME!! I found it quite hard to! I felt like a lot of the questions were really different from previous years...
Yeah I think mine was 0.3 something too. Don't really remember. TO find it was it the mol/dm3 times the Mr??? Thats what I did i think.... Also so does the sulphur dioxide escape?

I wrote it does escape, not sure about the reason though.
Reply 11

For the anomolous result I wrote because timer started too late...But I think it was wrong. What did you write?
For the inconsistent results I wrote due to higher temp, more kinetic energy so more sensitive to changes etc. But its definitely wrong I think...Not sure
What did you guys get for the second question about the s,l,g,aq thing

For that question about what is the physical state of elements in periodic table at rtp?
I wrote SOLID
As majority of elements are metals and metals are mostly solid.
Reply 13
Also, did anyone think the exothermic graph was weird? I mean they drew an endothermic graph... I was so confused
Also, did anyone think the exothermic graph was weird? I mean they drew an endothermic graph... I was so confused

That was weird as hell! I got that question wrong. Apparently the line they provided you with in the exam was just the activation energy curve - you had to extend the line and then draw a line downwards and add the products there.
2004728_orig.gif
(edited 7 years ago)
For that question about what is the physical state of elements in periodic table at rtp?
I wrote SOLID
As majority of elements are metals and metals are mostly solid.

I wrote solid 2, wb the table with the physical states?
Original post by nusquam
That was weird as hell! Apparently the line they provided you with in the exam was just the activation energy curve - you had to extend the line and then draw a line downwards and add the products there.

that's what I did! But what did you write on that little line before you had to continue it.
that's what I did! But what did you write on that little line before you had to continue it.

Well, I got it wrong - I just wrote the products of the reaction on it. I think that you didn't have to write anything on it though.
The exam was so confusing :frown: Half of the questions I have never even seen before. I'm so jealous of the 1C people right now.
Original post by nusquam
Well, I got it wrong - I just wrote the products of the reaction on it. I think that you didn't have to write anything on it though.

What about the question after this ? About the activation level

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending