The Student Room Group

anyone else just feel depressed? :/

basically in mocks i had 2 weeks to do like 15 exams! i was under so much pressure, especially coming from a family which expects nothing less than an A. Since then i've felt so depressed, i cried like everyday of mocks, and then it got better again but now im just so sad. i feel so exhausted and like i wanna cry and i keep getting headaches and i hate when i see people laugh or smile because im in such a bad mood lol. i have 16 exams and i've done 3 so far. i got a B in ict (did it in jan) so now i cant get any more B's. I think I got an A in chem I hope but bio was super hard. I'm really exhausted and scared and I just feel so upset. Everyones tried to help but i literally wanna purge whoever talks to me. Anyone else feel this way?
Reply 1
Yeah I do feel that way when I don't get things done. And when people put so much pressure on you and act as if they care.
Same situation, spend all my time going through all the marks I've dropped, predicting my grade and if I feel I've done well just dismissing it due to high grade boundaries. Im so stressed ever since I overachieved in my mocks and now I feel my first 4 exams have been terrible compared to mocks and so stressed. We just got to try be positive
Reply 3
Original post by TheCe
Yeah I do feel that way when I don't get things done. And when people put so much pressure on you and act as if they care.

Yeah, exactly :s-smilie:
Original post by gameofno
I think I got an A in chem I hope but bio was super hard.

The general consensus is that biology was hard, which means the grade boundaries will be nice :smile:

Anyone else feel this way?

Sometimes, I think my problem is that I put more pressure on myself than anyone else does (nobody else seems to care :tongue:)

The best thing to do would be to plan your revision, take regular breaks so you're not overworking yourself which is usually a cause of depression and also if you're off school to go out and revise at the local library in public so that you're not cooped up alone all the time

Work on the recent past papers only if you have little time and then check through and jot down areas where you lost marks, these are the areas you should focus on only. This way you're being effective and also not overdoing it with revision

Also, message some friends and chat to people, it usually helps me pass the time and communication is essential to feeling better, I'd also recommend maybe talking to the people you're worried about disappointing and you may be surprised at how sympathetic they are. A lot of the time parents and family just want their children to do well, but don't realise the effects of that added pressure until you actually let them know

Best of luck :smile:

To answer your question, you're not alone in feeling like that at all
basically in mocks i had 2 weeks to do like 15 exams! i was under so much pressure, especially coming from a family which expects nothing less than an A. Since then i've felt so depressed, i cried like everyday of mocks, and then it got better again but now im just so sad. i feel so exhausted and like i wanna cry and i keep getting headaches and i hate when i see people laugh or smile because im in such a bad mood lol. i have 16 exams and i've done 3 so far. i got a B in ict (did it in jan) so now i cant get any more B's. I think I got an A in chem I hope but bio was super hard. I'm really exhausted and scared and I just feel so upset. Everyones tried to help but i literally wanna purge whoever talks to me. Anyone else feel this way?
i felt exactly the same at GCSE (now doing A levels) so don't feel like your the only one. Tje environment that exams put you through is horrible and sometimes shouldnt be worth that much hassle. It seems that you put a lot of pressure on yourself to gain high grades, which is good but if you get anything less may seem like a failure (which it definately is not). Try and stay upbeat (i know that hurts but trust me it works) and from time to time have a rant at one of your friends just to let some nervous energy out because it really helps. Hope you feel better soon
Reply 6
Original post by JamieTheb
Same situation, spend all my time going through all the marks I've dropped, predicting my grade and if I feel I've done well just dismissing it due to high grade boundaries. Im so stressed ever since I overachieved in my mocks and now I feel my first 4 exams have been terrible compared to mocks and so stressed. We just got to try be positive

ughhhhh i completely get you... im just so scared like i panic everytime i think about results day and the rest of the exams :/
Reply 7
This is probably the toughest time you will ever go through as you are dealing with so many different subjects & it seems it is never ending. It will end. You will be great. Try and be nice to yourself. You are doing OK. We are all a bit stressed - some just hide it well. Please give yourself a pat on the back for getting this far.
Reply 8
Original post by Euclidean
The general consensus is that biology was hard, which means the grade boundaries will be nice :smile:

Sometimes, I think my problem is that I put more pressure on myself than anyone else does (nobody else seems to care :tongue:)

The best thing to do would be to plan your revision, take regular breaks so you're not overworking yourself which is usually a cause of depression and also if you're off school to go out and revise at the local library in public so that you're not cooped up alone all the time

Work on the recent past papers only if you have little time and then check through and jot down areas where you lost marks, these are the areas you should focus on only. This way you're being effective and also not overdoing it with revision

Also, message some friends and chat to people, it usually helps me pass the time and communication is essential to feeling better, I'd also recommend maybe talking to the people you're worried about disappointing and you may be surprised at how sympathetic they are. A lot of the time parents and family just want their children to do well, but don't realise the effects of that added pressure until you actually let them know

Best of luck :smile:

To answer your question, you're not alone in feeling like that at all

thank you for your response! im trying to plan the best i can, but i feel like i have no time :frown: yeah i literally talk to one person who makes me feel better lol. i hope this ends soon
Reply 9
Original post by Sillysu
This is probably the toughest time you will ever go through as you are dealing with so many different subjects & it seems it is never ending. It will end. You will be great. Try and be nice to yourself. You are doing OK. We are all a bit stressed - some just hide it well. Please give yourself a pat on the back for getting this far.

Thats true. Thank you for the help xxxx
Reply 10
Original post by Collinsino
i felt exactly the same at GCSE (now doing A levels) so don't feel like your the only one. Tje environment that exams put you through is horrible and sometimes shouldnt be worth that much hassle. It seems that you put a lot of pressure on yourself to gain high grades, which is good but if you get anything less may seem like a failure (which it definately is not). Try and stay upbeat (i know that hurts but trust me it works) and from time to time have a rant at one of your friends just to let some nervous energy out because it really helps. Hope you feel better soon

thanks a lottt :smile: i literally hate everyone irl so people replying to me on here is making me feel better. im gonna try and relax a little bit bc yeah my pressure levels are 1000000000 rn. Thank u & good luck with your a levels xx
thanks a lottt :smile: i literally hate everyone irl so people replying to me on here is making me feel better. im gonna try and relax a little bit bc yeah my pressure levels are 1000000000 rn. Thank u & good luck with your a levels xx

my pleasure 😊 yeah haha to be honest i need to relax as well A levels are killing me 😂 thank you! X
the worst thing is, the stress is getting to me in the exam and I'm dropping sloppy marks- 10 per science paper so far it seems- I know the answers just stress is getting to me and I instantly realise my mistake when its too late. So lost rn, may be missing out on top marks not due to knowledge but stress.
Reply 13
the worst thing is, the stress is getting to me in the exam and I'm dropping sloppy marks- 10 per science paper so far it seems- I know the answers just stress is getting to me and I instantly realise my mistake when its too late. So lost rn, may be missing out on top marks not due to knowledge but stress.

I GET YOU! my hand was shaking so bad in the bio exam its crazy. i cant believe we're 15-16 year olds & this stressed bout life.
x

Original post by TheCe
x

x

Reply 15
Original post by ForestShadow

:h::h:thats cuteness
Reply 16
haha banter lol

Quick Reply