The Student Room Group

OCR Economics F583 Exam Technique

Just wondering if anyone has any resources I can use in terms of exam technique on the different types of questions.
Original post by matthewoates
Just wondering if anyone has any resources I can use in terms of exam technique on the different types of questions.

[deleted]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by matthewoates

Hi Matt - check out my YouTube channel. I'm putting together revision resources for OCR economics and put three videos together for what you're asking. Let me know if there are other things I can develop to help you out.

www.youtube.com/enhancetuition
(edited 7 years ago)
Have a look at the past papers, mark schemes and student responses to essay questions at:http://aleveleconomicssuccess.com/2008-specification
Best of luck
Hey can anyone give me a guideline to how many sides of A4 they write for a 15 mark question and 20 mark question? been self teaching myself the module and length of responses is something im unsure about! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by skyaviator23
Hey can anyone give me a guideline to how many sides of A4 they write for a 15 mark question and 20 mark question? been self teaching myself the module and length of responses is something im unsure about! :s-smilie:

You need to be doing over 1 page for 10+ marks for the 15 marker.
Wheras with the 20 marker you need 2 or more pages to really break down topics for L1-4
Original post by xs4
You need to be doing over 1 page for 10+ marks for the 15 marker.
Wheras with the 20 marker you need 2 or more pages to really break down topics for L1-4

Okay, do you mean 2 sides of A4 when you say a page? for some questions I'm really struggling to get 2 sides of A4 for some 15 markers...
Reply 7
Okay, do you mean 2 sides of A4 when you say a page? for some questions I'm really struggling to get 2 sides of A4 for some 15 markers...

No, one side of A4 would be a page in this case. That's perfectly understandable as 15 markers don't require that much depth as you progress though the different marking levels, that'd be for your 20 :smile:. Also can i ask, have you got your content sorted? (still kinda working on mine :smile: :s-smilie: )
Original post by xs4
No, one side of A4 would be a page in this case. That's perfectly understandable as 15 markers don't require that much depth as you progress though the different marking levels, that'd be for your 20 :smile:. Also can i ask, have you got your content sorted? (still kinda working on mine :smile: :s-smilie: )

Ahh cheers mate! well if im honest i've always found content in economics quite logical and cramming can do wonders for me. so if im hazy on topics now, i just look them over so they're refreshed in my head. This really works for me on the day before the exam or the morning itself, as the fresher it is the more fluent I feel. try cramming and then doing a past paper in your own time to see how it goes for you :smile:
There is an A grade answer to an OCR F583 20 marker at:http://aleveleconomicssuccess.com/2008-specification
Just scroll down the page to the Student Answers section and click on Competition and Efficiency.
Reply 10
Ahh cheers mate! well if im honest i've always found content in economics quite logical and cramming can do wonders for me. so if im hazy on topics now, i just look them over so they're refreshed in my head. This really works for me on the day before the exam or the morning itself, as the fresher it is the more fluent I feel. try cramming and then doing a past paper in your own time to see how it goes for you :smile:

No problem ,:biggrin:same here it's just exam technique that tends to hinder me, dominant strategy alert XD. Oh okay , I will give it a try, cheers mate :smile:
Is there anyone who can help me out with some work and leisure essays? got a ton of them and i was wondering if there are forums/tutors who could help me mark some 15 markers and 20 markers? would give them to my own teacher but I don't have one and any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Is there anyone who can help me out with some work and leisure essays? got a ton of them and i was wondering if there are forums/tutors who could help me mark some 15 markers and 20 markers? would give them to my own teacher but I don't have one and any help would be much appreciated :smile:

If you can get hold of a personal tutor with experience marking OCR papers that would be the best. You can guess feedback from other students here but that may not cover things in detail compare to one to one feedback
Original post by keynes24
If you can get hold of a personal tutor with experience marking OCR papers that would be the best. You can guess feedback from other students here but that may not cover things in detail compare to one to one feedback

unfortunately i cant find any in person and im unsure about how to go about finding someone online!
do you think putting it on here would be a good idea?
unfortunately i cant find any in person and im unsure about how to go about finding someone online!

First tutors or tutor hunt

Quick Reply

Latest