The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE chemistry 1CR 2016

Scroll to see replies

What did you guys write for the question about the bonding of cl2?
I wrote the Cl atoms are held together by covalent bond and it is diatomic molecule, each Cl atom shares an electron to the other
Original post by ccchiulam
I wrote the Cl atoms are held together by covalent bond and it is diatomic molecule, each Cl atom shares an electron to the other

Oh what about the h2 low melting point thing??
How about the question regarding (the effect of concentration of sodium thiosulphate on the rate of reaction) , the question is like asking what should be made constant
i guess it might be due to small molecular size , which lower the strength of covalent bond and hence little energy is needed to break the bond.... But this is not sureeee
[
What does the paper 1CR mean I do Edexcel iGCSE too but I had paper 1C today
How about the question regarding (the effect of concentration of sodium thiosulphate on the rate of reaction) , the question is like asking what should be made constant

The one with the 3 points we had to make??
If so... I wrote pressure, temperature and surface area.
Original post by niv1234
What does the paper 1CR mean I do Edexcel iGCSE too but I had paper 1C today

It's a paper for different regions in the world, different timings so no one cheats the system.
anyone have taken edexcel igcse bio 1BR ?
anyone have taken edexcel igcse bio 1BR ?

Yeahss
Original post by Igcse1student
For the one I wrote it will give a high h2 yield

I wrote that the yield won't be affected, because the number of gas molecules are equal on both sides.
what do you think about bio?
i think it is harder!
Original post by nusquam
I wrote that the yield won't be affected, because the number of gas molecules are equal on both sides.

ohh yeah true.
What did you guys write for the question about the bonding of cl2?

I didn't mention what kind of bond they were held together by - I assumed by "how" they meant the theory, so I just said they were held together by the mutual attraction of each chlorine's nuclei to the shared electrons.
what do you think about bio?
i think it is harder!

Yes exactly!!!! Bio was 🔫🔫
Original post by nusquam

It's tricky !! Coz usually there must be a change in yield
Original post by nusquam
I didn't mention what kind of bond they were held together by - I assumed by "how" they meant the theory, so I just said they were held together by the mutual attraction of each chlorine's nuclei to the shared electrons.

What about the one that asked why does h2 have a low melting point?
Yes exactly!!!! Bio was 🔫🔫

Do you know the question about the eyes of tigers
Okay guys, I remember some of the questions, so maybe share what you all wrote for each of them?

- Two reasons why putting the lid on the tank with the chromatography experiment in would help
- Solubility of sulphur dioxide in air and why
- Three reasons for cracking
- Which reactions for redox reactions
- Why burning C6H12S is bad
Do you know the question about the eyes of tigers

Yeah I remember it, I wrote more rods in one of the questions

Quick Reply