The Student Room Group

Anyone got an Offer to study medicine at a Russel Group Uni?

If so, what grades etc did you get, and how much work experience did you do? all help appreciated.
Reply 1
A-level: AAAa*
WE: A couple months volunteering at a local hospital, a week placement at another hospital shadowing doctors/working with nurses. Experiencing healthcare system in a 3rd world country. That's about it
Reply 2
Original post by srrfar
A-level: AAAa*
WE: A couple months volunteering at a local hospital, a week placement at another hospital shadowing doctors/working with nurses. Experiencing healthcare system in a 3rd world country. That's about it

Months? Is it okay If you've only done 1 week at a hospital and 2 weeks in africa helping educate and look after children? And what about GCSEs?
Original post by 1jonam16
If so, what grades etc did you get, and how much work experience did you do? all help appreciated.

Have a look in the Medicine forum - there are hundreds of them (although for medicine the idea of "russell group" being the best is pretty redundant - you need to apply to the courses that are best suited to your strengths and learning style)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have a look in the Medicine forum - there are hundreds of them (although for medicine the idea of "russell group" being the best is pretty redundant - you need to apply to the courses that are best suited to your strengths and learning style)

Thanks a lot
Reply 5
Original post by 1jonam16
Months? Is it okay If you've only done 1 week at a hospital and 2 weeks in africa helping educate and look after children? And what about GCSEs?

Over a 4 month period, once or twice a week for 2hrs. I did really bad at GCSEs but I got into med which is what matters. Apply using your strengths, I had to take a gap year and applied with As at A-level to unis which don't use GCSEs much

Quick Reply