The Student Room Group

AQA iGCSE Chemistry Paper 1

Anyone else think that was ridiculously easy? I spent twenty minutes seeing if I still know all the lyrics to Rasputin by Boney M

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yup, but the grade boundaries are gonna be really high don't worry
Found it good, however I think I dropped 1/2 marks in the 6 marker for not writing half equations, possibly mixed up ionic/covalent bonding/metallic so taking off 4 marks. One for writing 4 instead of 2 Hydrogens in the polymer and 1 for table trend question, 1/2 for probably messing up half equations. Except that probably got rest of marks. Praying 76-80 is still a*. GOOD LUCK
Was it 0.95 or 1.9 for the mass of fluorine?
Reply 4
Original post by Jack.grady

i got 1.9
I got 1.9

I got 1.9 as well
Did anyone else get TiCl3 for empirical formula?
Original post by Benedict2314
Did anyone else get TiCl3 for empirical formula?

Yeah I got that
I found it fine and was actually so surprised because i usually do fine on Bio but die on Chem but it was the other way around... is everyone thinking that??
Original post by Agrace_15
I found it fine and was actually so surprised because i usually do fine on Bio but die on Chem but it was the other way around... is everyone thinking that??

Chemistry was definitely easier, but biology was still OK IMO, bit too vague questions though... 😕
Reply 11

I got 0.95 how did you get 1.9
Original post by NP2803
I got 0.95 how did you get 1.9

There were two fluorine atoms which is why the right answer was double your answer
Reply 13
Original post by Vapouriser
There were two fluorine atoms which is why the right answer was double your answer

Was it a 2 marker, if so hopefully I get 1 mark
In regards to this question: "Name the process of adding zinc to steel"
... or something like that ... what was the answer? :O

I put "Galvanisation"
Original post by Agrace_15

I was so scared for them but turns out it went a lot better than biology which is a first
Original post by DrSebWilkes
In regards to this question: "Name the process of adding zinc to steel"
... or something like that ... what was the answer? :O

I put "Galvanisation"

I put that to but I spelt it really wrong so hopefully I will get the marks
Original post by JamieTheb
Found it good, however I think I dropped 1/2 marks in the 6 marker for not writing half equations, possibly mixed up ionic/covalent bonding/metallic so taking off 4 marks. One for writing 4 instead of 2 Hydrogens in the polymer and 1 for table trend question, 1/2 for probably messing up half equations. Except that probably got rest of marks. Praying 76-80 is still a*. GOOD LUCK

I forgot to include half equations but it didn't say you had to include then so hopefully we will still get all the marks
It was a nice paper but everyones stating grade boundaries are going to be in the high 70's for a*'s??!! Surely thats slightly high?
Original post by Natashabreene
I put that to but I spelt it really wrong so hopefully I will get the marks

I'm hearing that's wrong because Galv. is a layer and the question talked about blocks. They put "sacrificial protection" which I NEARLY ...**************************** wrote.

Quick Reply

Latest