The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature: LITB1 - Friday 20th May 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
NO. You cannot use the same text you used in Section A, in Section B. Browning would have been done in A and so cannot be done in B. This is why reading all of the questions and choosing quickly and carefully is essential.

:frown:

So only the other 3 texts are used in section B?

Thank you.
Hey guys, you know in Section B you can do 2 paragraphs on the first text, 2 on the second and then only 1 on the third? Well would it be bad to say do Gatsby for my first 2 paragraphs, The Kite Runner for my second 2 paragraphs and then just do one paragraph on Keats? That would mean only doing one poem so I'm not sure if that would be ok.
Reply 82
Does anyone have any predictions for Section A for Great Expectations? I feel like I'm the only one studying that text!
Original post by tagliatilly
Hey guys, you know in Section B you can do 2 paragraphs on the first text, 2 on the second and then only 1 on the third? Well would it be bad to say do Gatsby for my first 2 paragraphs, The Kite Runner for my second 2 paragraphs and then just do one paragraph on Keats? That would mean only doing one poem so I'm not sure if that would be ok.

Hmm I don't think it would! I was told you have to do at least two to show sufficient understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:frown:

So only the other 3 texts are used in section B?

Thank you.

Yes! :smile:

Hello,

You are supposed to do at least two poems if you do an anthology, for LITB1. Don't follow the two paragraph stuff too rigidly; it's about whatever allows you to answer the question well and keeps your answer focused. However, two poems is what is recommended to give sufficient scope of the whole.

Remember: this exam is about proving you know the texts and that you know them well.
Reply 85
Original post by Whamuk5
Does anyone have any predictions for Section A for Great Expectations? I feel like I'm the only one studying that text!

Hello,

I'm sorry - I don't study Great Expectations but I did at GCSE. This text has way too many chapters of significance for you to really accurately second-guess what is to appear in Section A.

Jay
Original post by GeorgiaAnnBeal
Hmm I don't think it would! I was told you have to do at least two to show sufficient understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've been told that too, I was just wondering if it'd be a complete disaster if I only wrote about one! Perhaps I'll do Keats first for Section B so I don't have to worry about that... thank you!
Original post by ivybridge
Yes! :smile:

Hello,

You are supposed to do at least two poems if you do an anthology, for LITB1. Don't follow the two paragraph stuff too rigidly; it's about whatever allows you to answer the question well and keeps your answer focused. However, two poems is what is recommended to give sufficient scope of the whole.

Remember: this exam is about proving you know the texts and that you know them well.

Thank you!! I'll definitely make sure I manage to do two then. I am actually slightly worried that I don't know the texts well enough... it's easy to forget things when you haven't been taught it for a whole year.
Oh and does anyone have any advice on writing about structure in the first Section A question?? I never know what to say about it but I feel like I really need to include it.
Any tips for last minute cramming?
Original post by ribbon123

Yes, curl up into a ball and pretend to die.
Original post by ribbon123

1. Since you have a limited amount of time, you needa organise it well - make a revision timetable (and stick to it). That way you won't procrastinate and you'll cover everything you want to.
2. Try to get an overview of everything rather than trying to cram in all the details - you'll just run out of time and then panic that you know a lot about some bits and not a lot about others.
4. Get some sleep. By some I mean a lot. If you cram and then get hardly any sleep your revision won't have stuck in your head as much.

Those are the most important tips I can think of!! Good luck with your last minute cramming, I'm doing the same...!
Yes, curl up into a ball and pretend to die.

I tried to offer some real advice but tbh this is much more realistic. I've been curled up in a ball pretending to die for about 4 days now. I'm not even sure it's pretend anymore... I think this may the end of me...
I tried to offer some real advice but tbh this is much more realistic. I've been curled up in a ball pretending to die for about 4 days now. I'm not even sure it's pretend anymore... I think this may the end of me...

I don't actually feel ready for this exam(It's a re-sit), I kind of want to "fall" down the stairs...:frown:
anyone else doing pre1900 poetry, othello, gatsby and wuthering heights (the bain of my life)
I don't actually feel ready for this exam(It's a re-sit), I kind of want to "fall" down the stairs...:frown:

Yeah everyone doing this exam is resitting. It sucks. I feel worse about it this time than I did last year for some reason?? Maybe because last year I knew I could always retake it if I didn't do well... It's nice to know that we've all improved so much since last year though, so there's no reason for us to do worse than we did. We should in theory all do better, if the questions aren't too evil. Although I have a lovely habit of panicking in exams so who knows what will happen!! I've been in chronic panic mode for about a week now... I tend to be on the floor crying by the end of each day...
Original post by charrose4x
anyone else doing pre1900 poetry, othello, gatsby and wuthering heights (the bain of my life)

My texts are Ancient Mariner, Keats, Gatsby and Kite Runner! How do you feel about Gatsby? I'm gonna do it for Section B... I think it should be ok to write about...?
Yeah everyone doing this exam is resitting. It sucks. I feel worse about it this time than I did last year for some reason?? Maybe because last year I knew I could always retake it if I didn't do well... It's nice to know that we've all improved so much since last year though, so there's no reason for us to do worse than we did. We should in theory all do better, if the questions aren't too evil. Although I have a lovely habit of panicking in exams so who knows what will happen!! I've been in chronic panic mode for about a week now... I tend to be on the floor crying by the end of each day...

I'm very panicked. I just want to do well in it. Last year it went so unexpectedly terrible for me. :frown:
I'm very panicked. I just want to do well in it. Last year it went so unexpectedly terrible for me. :frown:

That sucks :frown: It didn't go terribly for me last year but it definitely didn't go as well as I wanted it to... really hoping I can get an A this year otherwise retaking will have been a complete waste of time. Just remember that you're a lot better equipped this time round. Your writing will have improved a lot more than you might think in a year. Sounds like last year was a bit of a blip but I'm sure you'll get the grade you deserve this year!

i believe in u man :h:
That sucks :frown: It didn't go terribly for me last year but it definitely didn't go as well as I wanted it to... really hoping I can get an A this year otherwise retaking will have been a complete waste of time. Just remember that you're a lot better equipped this time round. Your writing will have improved a lot more than you might think in a year. Sounds like last year was a bit of a blip but I'm sure you'll get the grade you deserve this year!

i believe in u man :h:

Since the only people doing this paper are year 13s who are re-sitting do you think the grade boundaries will be higher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending