The Student Room Group

As English Literature 20th May 2016 help

I'm having trouble with my paragraph structure because I know what to include (like external criticism and meaning) but I don't know how to structure it properly. Having a set structure helps a lot for me because then I can articulate my points and ideas properly.

Does anyone have a specific structure that they use or a way that they go about it? Thanks!
I'm taking the same exam as you tomorrow. Yay!

Have you ever heard of P.E.A (or SEA/PEE variants) structure? It's essentially a way of structuring your paragraphs: each point (P.) is supported by a piece of evidence (E.) and then analysed (A.). For me this is usually a piece of AO2 or AO5 (a quotation or critic's opinion, I'm assuming here that you're doing the OCR examination as that's the only one I know of tomorrow) and then the analysis links it back to the original point you made.

Then in terms of overall structure, my teachers have been saying a basic intro-3 paragraph body-conclusion is all the exam board wants. We won't have time to write much more than that anyway.

Hope this was clear enough (my brain's a little bit garbled), pm me if you need me to try and re-explain.
And good luck tomorrow!
Original post by dragonhunter
I'm taking the same exam as you tomorrow. Yay!

Have you ever heard of P.E.A (or SEA/PEE variants) structure? It's essentially a way of structuring your paragraphs: each point (P.) is supported by a piece of evidence (E.) and then analysed (A.). For me this is usually a piece of AO2 or AO5 (a quotation or critic's opinion, I'm assuming here that you're doing the OCR examination as that's the only one I know of tomorrow) and then the analysis links it back to the original point you made.

Then in terms of overall structure, my teachers have been saying a basic intro-3 paragraph body-conclusion is all the exam board wants. We won't have time to write much more than that anyway.

Hope this was clear enough (my brain's a little bit garbled), pm me if you need me to try and re-explain.
And good luck tomorrow!

Thank you!!! That will help a lot!
Original post by paigefinnegan99
Thank you!!! That will help a lot!

No worries :smile: best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending