The Student Room Group

Ocr english literature as level - shakespeare and rossetti

Predictions?
What do I need to know?
Exam Structure/Advice?
Thank You!
Hey! :smile: What Shakespeare play do you study?
We study The Tempest, what do you?
Original post by WilliamJFA
We study The Tempest, what do you?

Same here. I predict a question about Ferdinand and Miranda will come up.
Yeah i thought it would be something about two major characters. The spec is new though so it could be on any character or theme. They may chose an obvious one or a really strange one, just depends.
Yeah i thought it would be something about two major characters. The spec is new though so it could be on any character or theme. They may chose an obvious one or a really strange one, just depends.

Ah right. I predict them two because the specimen papers they provided were about Prospero and on another paper it was linked to love.
Yeah that is true, i hope its on Caliban as he is a good character to write about!
Yeah that is true, i hope its on Caliban as he is a good character to write about!

I think that too and Ariel really, exploring the dynamics of their relationship and the contrast. Just a thought and for convenience, click the quote button when replying to me so it's easier for us both. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Rhythmical
Same here. I predict a question about Ferdinand and Miranda will come up.

I study hamlet, but the assessment objectives are the same for all shakespeare, and all of poetry, i'm really lost, please help!!
Original post by a199
I study hamlet, but the assessment objectives are the same for all shakespeare, and all of poetry, i'm really lost, please help!!

No need to fret. Get your contextual knowledge up to scratch as examiners will like you to have a knowledge of the world Shakespeare was living in and being influenced by. Terminology is very important and you must be able to identify what Shakespeare implements in his plays. And don't forget to be able to have a line of argument and provide information of critical interpretations of the play, i.e maybe an author has challenged an idea of Shakespeare and you agree with it, cite it in the exam.
Reply 10
Original post by Rhythmical
No need to fret. Get your contextual knowledge up to scratch as examiners will like you to have a knowledge of the world Shakespeare was living in and being influenced by. Terminology is very important and you must be able to identify what Shakespeare implements in his plays. And don't forget to be able to have a line of argument and provide information of critical interpretations of the play, i.e maybe an author has challenged an idea of Shakespeare and you agree with it, cite it in the exam.

THANK YOU :smile:
May i ask, what do i need to know for rossetti, and what can i expect in terms of what the examiners want and grade boundaries???
Original post by a199
THANK YOU :smile:
May i ask, what do i need to know for rossetti, and what can i expect in terms of what the examiners want and grade boundaries???

No worries. I haven't actually studied that but the official OCR website should have you covered and I suggest click on Specifications and Candidate Exemplars by scrolling down. :smile:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-english-literature-h072-h472-from-2015/
Does anyone have revision resources on Christina Rossetti?
Does anyone have revision resources on Christina Rossetti?

http://crossref-it.info/textguide/christina-rossetti-selected-poems/28/1800 my main resource!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending